ADVERTISEMENT

Non RU Week 1 Score Updates

Wow … could this be the year RU gets a win vs Maryland?

Very early, but one can dream!

I bet RU jumps a few spots in the rankings this week. I think they'll jump to #7 based on the chaos this week. Hopkins jumps to Top 10 and Loyola to Top 15. Our SOS just got better overnight.

Only 2 games today: Cuse vs Holy Cross and Nova vs PSU. Cuse should roll otherwise we all get to laugh at them, and PSU needs this one to prove they won't end up in the B1G basement this year.

I bet RU jumps a few spots in the rankings this week. I think they'll jump to #7 based on the chaos this week. Hopkins jumps to Top 10 and Loyola to Top 15. Our SOS just got better overnight.

Doubt it changes. Hop or Loyola replace Duke. Not a convincing enough win to jump. If Syracuse wins Carc gives them a 1st place vote and moves ND up to #2.

Doubt it changes. Hop or Loyola replace Duke. Not a convincing enough win to jump. If Syracuse wins Carc gives them a 1st place vote and moves ND up to #2.
Quint is an ACC/Hopkins fellating homer. That said Hopkins deserves a Top 10 rating, Cuse shouldn't even be ranked at this point.

Nova up 5-4 on PSU. I honestly think PSU is going to be the worst team in the B1G this year. They've done nothing outside of the Grant Ament years.

Quint is an ACC/Hopkins fellating homer. That said Hopkins deserves a Top 10 rating, Cuse shouldn't even be ranked at this point.
Hop plays UNC on Tuesday night then has a short turn to take on Loyola on Sat at Ridley.

As hard as it is to root for Hop, it helps the Big Ten if they beat UNC…again all about metrics right…last year OSU’s victories over ND and UNC actually propelled the big ten RPI and those wins actually helped RU when we beat OSU twice. (Of course UMD beating all comers helped the conference RPI as well)

Now I’m certainly rooting for Loyola to beat Hop on Sat, but it helps both Loyola and RU of Hop beats UNC on Tuesday night.

Conversely you want to see a 2-0 Loyola team head to SHI in 12 days and if Loyola beats JHU this Sat, they will climb very fast into the top 12

An RU win v Army and a Loyola win v Hop and the game at SHI will be likely a #8 RU vs a #12 Loyola.

As far as early returns on the big ten I would say this IMO

UMD - Down a bit (hard to be what they’ve been the last 2 years)

RU - Army will tell us more, go beat them by 4-5 goals and I’ll start feeling like they may be close to the last two years, but like UMD, still hard to think RU is better than last year..but time will tell

OSU - Better

Hop - Better

Michigan - Better

PSU - Same or maybe worse

I think this is a very tight conference.

Final thought, teams can look very different a month from now. Let it play out but the Big Ten is gonna be tough

Hop plays UNC on Tuesday night then has a short turn to take on Loyola on Sat at Ridley.

As hard as it is to root for Hop, it helps the Big Ten if they beat UNC…again all about metrics right…last year OSU’s victories over ND and UNC actually propelled the big ten RPI and those wins actually helped RU when we beat OSU twice. (Of course UMD beating all comers helped the conference RPI as well)

Now I’m certainly rooting for Loyola to beat Hop on Sat, but it helps both Loyola and RU of Hop beats UNC on Tuesday night.

Conversely you want to see a 2-0 Loyola team head to SHI in 12 days and if Loyola beats JHU this Sat, they will climb very fast into the top 12

An RU win v Army and a Loyola win v Hop and the game at SHI will be likely a #8 RU vs a #12 Loyola.

As far as early returns on the big ten I would say this IMO

UMD - Down a bit (hard to be what they’ve been the last 2 years)

RU - Army will tell us more, go beat them by 4-5 goals and I’ll start feeling like they may be close to the last two years, but like UMD, still hard to think RU is better than last year..but time will tell

OSU - Better

Hop - Better

Michigan - Better

PSU - Same or maybe worse

I think this is a very tight conference.

Final thought, teams can look very different a month from now. Let it play out but the Big Ten is gonna be tough
I agree. I could see the B1G putting 4 in the Dance at this rate (Maryland, Rutgers, OSU, and Hopkins).

Maryland has them (Syracuse) coming in next Saturday. I have no idea how that's going to turn out...

Vermont played them close in the Dome and controlled Spallina and Hiltz. Not so for Albany and Holy Cross. They don't have a FOGO who can touch Wierman. I think the game goes as the Terps D goes

I doubt we move after a so-so win vs. SB and Marists' bad loss to Binghampton. Do not be surprised if Hopkins jumps us as their Jacksonville win looks better and obviously their win vs. Georgetown is big.

I doubt we move after a so-so win vs. SB and Marists' bad loss to Binghampton. Do not be surprised if Hopkins jumps us as their Jacksonville win looks better and obviously their win vs. Georgetown is big.
Doesn’t really matter as Duke and ND found out last year. You can be ranked high and not get in. It will all sort out and if RU wins games, they’ll be good. Beating Army is a must. Beating Princeton would be huge.

Bottom line, win games and RU will stay floating in that 7-10 range. And that will be fine.

Long way to go and a lot of these conversations are premature…as you know.

Hope you are well @rufamily

There's never a good reason to root for Hopkins.

Reactions: mattkamish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT