ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting North Carolina big man commits to Rutgers (PWO)

Welcome to R Family Daniel. I hope you work hard and earn the respect of your coaches, teammates, us fans, and most importantly that you earn a scholarship.

Reactions: jonS
I like the move as he has upside.

I believe he did have scholarship offers. He has a good shot for a kid his size. Again, typical kid that grows as a player and ends up torching your team in year three.

Let's not forget this kid plays with a recruit Rutgers really wants in Josh Hall.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlockR
Good pickup. We didn't really have a wing as a walk-on. Just two guards (Brooks and Downes) and a big (Nathan).

Reactions: 4theknights
best guess is yes, unfortunately.....the tweet was
shortly before the announcement here
Good lord. We have two open schollies. This was also posted on the round table. I don’t pay a monthly fee for this type of stuff. Just wild if true

Last edited:
Good lord. We happen two open schollies. This was also posted on the round table. I don’t pay a monthly fee for this type of stuff. Just wild if true

Yeah, didn't the premium board have this a week ago?

Yeah, didn't the premium board have this a week ago?
----
the fact that we were near a PWO commit has been on the round table for a while now, without the name being mentioned, to allow the player to have his announcement

Reactions: kcg88
PWO’s are a win - win situation for the team and the athlete. We don’t loose a scholarship unless he develops into a useful part of the rotation, which is a win for both. We tend to see the success more so in football but, I’m sure there are great examples of success in B-ball.
This isn’t big news. In no way shape or form is a PWO big news. There’s nothing big about getting a guy who is not going to play.

Welcome to Rutgers Dan. Glad you chose us and looking forward to watching you play. Seems likes it very hard to get basketball recruiting insight until it’s just about to happen. I don’t blame the mods or rivals. It just seems that any kid who looks at Rutgers is taking his time. These articles about Rutgers making a 2021 kid a priority are nice but so early. Hopefully we close on the 2019 kids soon.

Would be a nice article to see the list of uncommitted freshman, juco or grad transfers still available with Rutgers as an option?

Reactions: dkostus
Good pickup. We didn't really have a wing as a walk-on. Just two guards (Brooks and Downes) and a big (Nathan).
He will have an important role immediately on our scout team for game prep. It would be great if someday he emerges into a bonafide recruit.

No problem reporting this but the big news is that we still need two scholarships filled. Getting excited over a walk-on is setting the bar at a new low.

Reactions: biazza38
We hinted at it.
Sooooo why was this BIG NEWS? I’m sorry, but if a contributor makes a tweet like that it needs to be at least a three star commit or grad transfer. I don’t need to brace myself for a PWO who isn’t going to play. I think we can all agree on that. I know there isn’t much going on, but this is ridiculous. This doesn’t move the needle

Listen I get it, he hyped it up a little too much. But no need to be so negative, this is a very good pickup. Kid has some solid PWO offers from good programs and chose Rutgers. So it’s good news.
whats the impact on his higher rated teammate that RU is also after?

Reactions: biazza38
Whether he becomes a valuable member of the rotation or not Daniel's play during practice might help a member of the rotation improve his game by going against Daniel in practice.

Since Daniel is not taking up a scholarship, there isn't a valid reason to knock him being on the roster and every reason to welcome him.

Congrats to Daniel! Getting a preferred walk-on that could have gone to school free somewhere else is great news and speaks well of the program.

Sad that our fans have more energy to bitch about every tiny thing than they do to be happy for a positive development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT