ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern- Fitzgerald Suspended, Now Fired Due to Hazing

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Pencil in a win, or worst case scenario?

According to the complaint, football players would pressure teammates into participating in hazing activities. The university said details of the investigation will remain confidential.

While the investigation found that student-athletes provided differing perspectives about the hazing, the "investigation team determined that the complainant’s claims were largely supported by the evidence gathered during the investigation, including separate and consistent first-person accounts from current and former players," according to an executive summary of the investigation.

Pencil in a win, or worst case scenario?

According to the complaint, football players would pressure teammates into participating in hazing activities. The university said details of the investigation will remain confidential.

While the investigation found that student-athletes provided differing perspectives about the hazing, the "investigation team determined that the complainant’s claims were largely supported by the evidence gathered during the investigation, including separate and consistent first-person accounts from current and former players," according to an executive summary of the investigation.

His suspension starts now and he'll be back by the season so don't think it'll affect anything.

I'm glad they're not reporting the details and hope that continues. Not anybody's business except the people directly involved. Without such details, there's no way to reasonably reach any conclusions about it. Not that that will stop people from speculating and judging.

Not sure how this would affect anything other than to perhaps encourage coaching staffs everywhere to review their policies and procedures for detecting and handling hazing. I can't see how the suspension would affect their season unless some players or coaches wind up leaving the program over it.

Hard to believe hazing remains a ritual anywhere anymore.
It’s just a matter of time before an investigation results.
The Northwestern allegations must be pretty tame comparatively, they usually cost you your job, not a slap on the wrist for 2 summer weeks.

Last edited:
I don't see this having any effect on their season.

Me thinks the complainant better damn well look into transferring.

Me thinks the complainant better damn well look into transferring.
Maybe. Or maybe the person/people engaged in doing the hazing, whatever it was, need to look into transferring. Pretty much impossible to know or judge without way more details.

From what's been posted in this thread, the term "complainant" might not even be a player - could be someone that overheard some players talking about it. Maybe there's more details elsewhere.

I expect Northwestern to be highly motivated for our game. The game will not be as easy as some on this site seem to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
I expect Northwestern to be highly motivated for our game. The game will not be as easy as some on this site seem to believe.
Not sure why any RU fan would consider it to be an easy game. We were 1-8 in conference last season, same as them. And the transitive property isn't 100% reliable in college football.

We have zero basis to consider any conference game "easy".

Hard to believe hazing remains a ritual anywhere anymore.
It’s just a matter of time before an investigation results.
The Northwestern allegations must be pretty tame comparatively, they usually cost you your job
I think where they occur is a big factor. This could be a bigger deal in NJ than in the Midwest. All that is clear is that they are more discoverable so all parties should be well aware of that. As for penalties, mileage may vary.

From what's been posted in this thread, the term "complainant" might not even be a player - could be someone that overheard some players talking about it. Maybe there's more details elsewhere.

Such a person would not typically be characterized as a complainant.

Impeccable timing by the Wildcats, it's a dead period in recruiting and no practices will be missed. Fitzgerald get's a little time away and can comeback refreshed. Now we know why all the smart kids go there. If this happened at Rutgers, they'd blast this out the week before our opening game.

Impeccable timing by the Wildcats, it's a dead period in recruiting and no practices will be missed. Fitzgerald get's a little time away and can comeback refreshed. Now we know why all the smart kids go there. If this happened at Rutgers, they'd blast this out the week before our opening game.
face it, in NJ molehills are made to look like mountains by the star liar
Other large metro area media coverage make mountains look like molehills when their college football program is involved.

Still not as bad as Michigan suspending Juwan Howard for regular season games and conveniently return for tournaments and March madness

His suspension at this time is meaningless. On the penalty spectrum, how does this compare to vacating wins?

His suspension at this time is meaningless. On the penalty spectrum, how does this compare to vacating wins?
Can't compare unless you know what the hazing was.
Vacating wins penalty, usually , has the reason public knowledge.
If this hazing deserved that, the knowledge of what the hazing was would
come out because of the severity of the punishment
But you're right Fitzgerald's suspension is meaningless except for lost salary.

Vacated wins sometimes becomes a meaningless move, a pervert protecting HC and the University he was at had 111 wins vacated by the BCAA fir protecting a child molester only to have the NCAA give those wins back yp those pervert protectors.

Last edited:
With an offense incapable of moving the chains and scoring, every game is like pulling teeth.

More severe punishment considered by Northwestern, but passed:

slap-hand-slap.gif

Such a person would not typically be characterized as a complainant.
It's not what people think of that way, that's true. But in police reports, for example, a witness reporting a crime to the police can be, and I think is usually, listed as a complainant. It's not necessary to be a victim to bring a complaint.

I think where they occur is a big factor. This could be a bigger deal in NJ than in the Midwest. All that is clear is that they are more discoverable so all parties should be well aware of that. As for penalties, mileage may vary.
As for "wokeism" Illinois is as bad as nj or ny.

So did New Hampshire...
Speaking of UNH, Rickie Santos is the Head Coach now. Still brings back horrible memories. Will be up there 3rd weekend in October and was hoping to see a game (ex. real offense). They are at Stony Brook that weekend. Bummer.

Missing the next 2 weeks, Big deal.
Team is off until summer practice anyway. Slap on the wrist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT