ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern- Fitzgerald Suspended, Now Fired Due to Hazing

A 2 week suspension, in July before camp starts in August?

sounds like an unpaid 2 week vacation to me.

I'm sure at $5.75M/year he won't really miss the $221, 153 all that much.
^^^THIS^^^

Really! I feel hazed by that "suspension". And I'd bet they find a way to pay him anyway... that is, if they want to keep him.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
^^^THIS^^^

Really! I feel hazed by that "suspension".
For Northwestern:
Northwestern-Wildcats-Logo.jpg

Reactions: TM94goRU
Here's my take FWIW (and a friend tonight said Fitz was done and gone, quickly picked up by another team). Allegations uncovered, NW responds and self imposes sanctionsl. Fitz gets an easy 2 week vacation from the team , and life goes on. Coach still makes his bucks. University and the donors are happy with their coach. Dilemma resolved.,..its a culture driven by donors/university pursuit of W's. One forked up culture.

Really awful stuff here, disgusting that this keeps happening and is almost a part of CFB’s “culture”. Fitzgerald cannot continue to lead this team.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Ugh! That's far worse than I imagined. Some pretty disgusting stuff detailed in there. Pretty ugly look for Northwestern.

found this at https://www.dailynorthwestern.com
Former NU football player details hazing allegations
>If a player was selected for “running,” the player who spoke to The Daily said, they would be restrained by a group of 8-10 upperclassmen dressed in various “Purge-like” masks, who would then begin “dry-humping” the victim in a dark locker room. <

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2023/...ls-hazing-allegations-after-coach-suspension/
That’s in the link I posted above.

I first thought it would not mean anything for PF but if it blows up more after the fact, never know.

I first thought it would not mean anything for PF but if it blows up more after the fact, never know.
oops just passed it by in thread, sorry my mistake for double posting what you found.
deleted mine

oops just passed it by in thread, sorry my mistake for double posting what you found.
deleted mine
No problem. Anyone can post whatever, another thread was posted after too. I’m just saying the details are there.

I think it all depends on how much this blows up or if it stays subdued.

Reactions: Rokodesh

I don't believe what's being reported at that link from unnamed and/or anonymous "players". Hazing? Sure. That form of it? Not buying it - not yet. Not based on anonymous reports by purported players.

Of course it's entirely possible it's true. But I'd need to see it taken to a courtroom with witnesses testifying under oath before I'd believe many/most of the details from that article.

Mostly because I think (a) it's extremely unlikely a large enough group of upperclassmen would engage in the behavior described, (b) I think a fairly large number of upperclassmen would not only object, but would interfere and/or report it to the coaching staff immediately, and (c) I think it likely one or more freshmen would've refused all of it, and reported it to the coaching staff immediately.

So, time will tell. Because based on what was reported, players broke the law and will be prosecuted so we'll what happens.

Ugh! That's far worse than I imagined. Some pretty disgusting stuff detailed in there. Pretty ugly look for Northwestern.
So is this a worst case scenario, we are doomed, or can we ink in a win on Labor Day weekend?

And what is it with homoerotic acts in locker rooms? Sayreville HS, Wall HS, Northwestern, Pedd State.

"If a player was selected for “running,” the player who spoke to The Daily said, they would be restrained by a group of 8-10 upperclassmen dressed in various “Purge-like” masks, who would then begin “dry-humping” the victim in a dark locker room.

It’s a shocking experience as a freshman to see your fellow freshman teammates get ran, but then you see everybody bystanding in the locker room,” the player said. “It’s just a really abrasive and barbaric culture that has permeated throughout that program for years on end now.”

The Daily obtained images of whiteboards labeled “Runsgiving” and “Shrek’s List,” containing a list of names indicating players that the player said needed to be “ran.

In addition to “running,” the whistleblower alleged that he witnessed the team participate in other hazing traditions in which freshmen were forced to strip naked and perform various acts, including bear crawling and slingshotting themselves across the floor with exercise bands.

In a once-a-year tradition dubbed “the carwash,” the first player said that some players would stand naked at the entrance to the showers and spin around, forcing those entering the showers to “basically (rub) up against a bare-naked man.” Upon entering the showers, the player alleged that players set up a hose they connected to the shower to spray people.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, that doesnt seem awful.

1) a basic fake dry hump while everyone is clothed really isnt a big deal

2) clapping by someones face again, not a big deal

3) spraying water at guys in the shower. Again, like not a big deal.

4) the gatorade shake is honestly probably the worst one haha. That would suck.

But its 2023 so fitz probably doesnt survive this one.
Your a freaking weirdo then. GTFOOH. Geez, wtf is wrong with you? You think sexual abuse is funny? Creep. Go cheer for Pedd State.

I don't believe what's being reported at that link from unnamed and/or anonymous "players". Hazing? Sure. That form of it? Not buying it - not yet. Not based on anonymous reports by purported players.

Of course it's entirely possible it's true. But I'd need to see it taken to a courtroom with witnesses testifying under oath before I'd believe many/most of the details from that article.

Mostly because I think (a) it's extremely unlikely a large enough group of upperclassmen would engage in the behavior described, (b) I think a fairly large number of upperclassmen would not only object, but would interfere and/or report it to the coaching staff immediately, and (c) I think it likely one or more freshmen would've refused all of it, and reported it to the coaching staff immediately.

So, time will tell. Because based on what was reported, players broke the law and will be prosecuted so we'll what happens.
I think your assumption of not buying this story is going to prove to be wrong. So you already have 2 players coming out with the same story of the different forms of hazing that was going on. A lot of specific detail to their stories. Then you have an independent law firm confirming that hazing was going on. This is only after a day or so after the story broke. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Coach Fitz is in big trouble I think.

Reactions: TRU2RU and MrsScrew
I gotta be honest, that doesnt seem awful.

1) a basic fake dry hump while everyone is clothed really isnt a big deal

2) clapping by someones face again, not a big deal

3) spraying water at guys in the shower. Again, like not a big deal.

4) the gatorade shake is honestly probably the worst one haha. That would suck.

But its 2023 so fitz probably doesnt survive this one.

Hazing is hazing.

Forcing players, who "very vocally refuse" , to engage in naked acts is hazing
Dry humping someone, as a group act is hazing
Spraying someone with a hose in a locker room to the point that it "very much hurt" is hazing
Forcing someone to drink to the point of vomiting is hazing

Sometimes your take on things is very warped & scary.

Last edited:
Dreadful

Fitz should be suspended at least 3 games.

Players still in the program that hazed others too
I think all starters should be suspended week 1 imo. Only true frosh should be able to play week 1. After that everyone is back

I think your assumption of not buying this story is going to prove to be wrong. So you already have 2 players coming out with the same story of the different forms of hazing that was going on. A lot of specific detail to their stories. Then you have an independent law firm confirming that hazing was going on. This is only after a day or so after the story broke. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Coach Fitz is in big trouble I think.
We’ll see. Again, I’m not saying there was no hazing. I’m saying that the details of what the hazing was, from the article to which I responded above, is literally unbelievable to me for the reasons I stated previously.

No player/witness has been identified publicly, so far at least, right? Everything posted to this thread has cited anonymous and/or undisclosed sources.

If there is a law firm involved, then I missed it in the links posted here. Who hired the law firm? Who do they represent?

Ultimately, I’ll wait to see what evidence a judge allows into a courtroom, or even if the witnesses are willing to testify under oath. Because right now, I think a lot of what’s being reported is probably BS.

But we’ll see. Maybe I’m wrong. I have no dog in this hunt, so I really don’t care either way.

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT