ADVERTISEMENT

Now is your Chance Rutgers

If this is true and CJ West is visiting Rutgers today Schiano needs to seal the deal. A top portal target for many teams and a position we still need size and depth. Go Rutgers !!!!!!
Hopefully Greg has the resources to get this done. If the kid is simply looking for a pay day it won’t be us. Everyone here has to be ok with that since we don’t participate as other schools do. Blood from a stone folks or do we just want to discuss and ignore a vital element in the process?

Hopefully Greg has the resources to get this done. If the kid is simply looking for a pay day it won’t be us. Everyone here has to be ok with that since we don’t participate as other schools do. Blood from a stone folks or do we just want to discuss and ignore a vital element in the process?
If we are bringing him on campus without knowing the ask then it’s amateur hour at the Hale center. People need to stop using NIL as an excuse for every kid we don’t get

If we are bringing him on campus without knowing the ask then it’s amateur hour at the Hale center. People need to stop using NIL as an excuse for every kid we don’t get
It’s not an excuse it’s a legitimate concern for our recruitment. The kid gets 5 free visits where he can come here have a great time and find out the deal $$$$. People need to stop acting as if NIL is not real.

Maybe some us shouldn't be getting the nicest hotels in Blacksburg then we might be able to afford him.

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
It’s not an excuse it’s a legitimate concern for our recruitment. The kid gets 5 free visits where he can come here have a great time and find out the deal $$$$. People need to stop acting as if NIL is not real.
Nobody is acting like NIL isn’t real. There is no longer a cap on number of visits a kid can take. I don’t blame the kid who visiting wherever he wants. BUT our staff should know what the ball park is before paying for the kid to come. If they don’t, then it’s amateur hour and a greater concern than NIL

People need to stop acting as if NIL is not real.
I haven't seen a single post anywhere on the forum that implies that one of our forum members doesn't think NIL is a factor in recruiting. As was pointed out earlier, it's extremely unlikely that we bothered to bring West to RU for a visit while too far apart on NIL.

It would be a total waste of everybody's time along with a waste of one of West's visits. You think GS is a hypothetical half-million short of West's minimum requirement and GS is bringing him here because he can charm West into overlooking the half-million?

Reactions: vkj91
Maybe some us shouldn't be getting the nicest hotels in Blacksburg then we might be able to afford him.
But all the best people get the nicest hotels in Blacksburg!

Um... so what's in Blacksburg and why are some of us getting nice hotels there?

But all the best people get the nicest hotels in Blacksburg!

Um... so what's in Blacksburg and why are some of us getting nice hotels there?
This school called Virginia Tech.
Some of us can do both!!!
Maybe you should do more. You constantly tell other people what they should do with their money and you're not even doing all you can.

Reactions: mildone
This school called Virginia Tech.
Ah, okay. Just looked at hotels.com which said the most expensive hotel around Blacksburg is only $350/night. Which, while not a roach motel, isn't exactly expensive, as nice hotels go.

So I only partially agree with you. @365Poster24Seven should absolutely do more. But he can do that while also staying in the nicest hotel near Blacksburg.

If he can't do that, then he obviously should quit screwing around and get second and third jobs from which he direct-deposits his entire income to the RU NIL fund.

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
If this is true and CJ West is visiting Rutgers today Schiano needs to seal the deal. A top portal target for many teams and a position we still need size and depth. Go Rutgers !!!!!!
Fsg: Cinderella is back… how’s your boyfriend?

• Wow
Reactions: Caliknight
Ah, okay. Just looked at hotels.com which said the most expensive hotel around Blacksburg is only $350/night. Which, while not a roach motel, isn't exactly expensive, as nice hotels go.

So I only partially agree with you. @365Poster24Seven should absolutely do more. But he can do that while also staying in the nicest hotel near Blacksburg.

If he can't do that, then he obviously should quit screwing around and get second and third jobs from which he direct-deposits his entire income to the RU NIL fund.
Your search engine must be set to cheap. $350 is def not the most expensive I wish it was. I donate $175 a month to both basketball and football not the most but that’s what I can do. I park in Scarlet and my seats are in the 100’s. Rutgers and its sports programs matter to me I want to win. It’s not a joke to me as it is to you.

Your search engine must be set to cheap. $350 is def not the most expensive I wish it was. I donate $175 a month to both basketball and football not the most but that’s what I can do. I park in Scarlet and my seats are in the 100’s. Rutgers and its sports programs matter to me I want to win. It’s not a joke to me as it is to you.
Are you already working second and third jobs? If not, then you are not doing the most you can do.

If you really want to up your donation game, start up a hookers and blow business. It's a super lucrative line of work, no pun intended, and has a direct tie-in with college sports recruiting.

Are you already working second and third jobs? If not, then you are not doing the most you can do.

If you really want to up your donation game, start up a hookers and blow business. It's a super lucrative line of work, no pun intended, and has a direct tie-in with college sports recruiting.
You’re a joke and def not funny. Great example of this fanbase cheap and old. It’s why we are in the poster are in.

That’s just it … to some of these tools it’s their attempt to belittle others and Rutgers. F’em.
I wonder if you see the irony in referring to others as "tools" in the same sentence in which you claim they're attempting to belittle others (and in the same thread in which you earlier referred to someone as "cinderella" while slinging a homosexual slur at him).

Also, who in this thread is belittling RU?

BTW, for future reference, it's "great big megladonic tools", thanks.

Reactions: fsg2
And how do you know this. I am calling you out - I am betting you are guessing and just repeating the same old story that RU is broke and can't compete.

You’re a joke and def not funny. Great example of this fanbase cheap and old. It’s why we are in the poster are in.
It's us old folks that brought us from playing Lehigh, Bucknell & Lafayette to being good enough to be brought to the B1G. Being in the Scarlet Lot and sitting in the 100 seats is no big deal. I was in 105 in the center of row 28 for more than 30 years.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
He's still using the tired ass blow and hooker jokes, circa 2012. Dude seriously needs new material.
Not at all. The hookers' asses are always wide awake, mostly due to the blow.

Oh, and stop copying me:

🥱

You really need to get some new material. Maybe try listening to some Mozart when you post, it might help a little. It’d be temporary and likely insufficient. But still better than nothing, I suppose.

I wonder if you see the irony in referring to others as "tools" in the same sentence in which you claim they're attempting to belittle others (and in the same thread in which you earlier referred to someone as "cinderella" while slinging a homosexual slur at him).

Also, who in this thread is belittling RU?

BTW, for future reference, it's "great big megladonic tools", thanks.

And all because I dared support his post?

Lmao.

Reactions: mildone
Oh it’s real not sure why some even still question it.

Greg will always shoot his shot. But if West chooses LSU, Michigan, or FSU, NIL will be at least a partial reason why. CJ West might be the best tackle in the portal, and is a similar caliber of recruit to Camdens Miles Frazier.

Just a couple of years ago, we lost Miles Frazier to LSU, who subsequently signed NIL deals.

Flash forward a freshman All-American season later, programs like Ohio State, NC State, and Penn State were all vying for Frazier’s services. Frazier was a top-10 player in the 2022 transfer portal rankings, and considered the best offensive tackle. In other words, he was a guy LSU had to have in college football’s version of free agency and ultimately it was indeed the Tigers that won the Frazier sweepstakes.

If West comes here, it will be due to the incredible selling job that Greg Schiano and the DL Coach have done.

Greg will always shoot his shot. But if West chooses LSU, Michigan, or FSU, NIL will be at least a partial reason why. CJ West might be the best tackle in the portal, and is a similar caliber of recruit to Camdens Miles Frazier.

Just a couple of years ago, we lost Miles Frazier to LSU, who subsequently signed NIL deals.

Flash forward a freshman All-American season later, programs like Ohio State, NC State, and Penn State were all vying for Frazier’s services. Frazier was a top-10 player in the 2022 transfer portal rankings, and considered the best offensive tackle. In other words, he was a guy LSU had to have in college football’s version of free agency and ultimately it was indeed the Tigers that won the Frazier sweepstakes.

If West comes here, it will be due to the incredible selling job that Greg Schiano and the DL Coach have done.
So then it’s not just about NIL. You guys need to stick to a story

Reactions: Knight Shift
NIL is one among many reasons a recruit might choose a school. But it’s a big one. Schools might know what the preliminary ask is. But at the end of the day, this will likely be an auction with a player going to the highest bidder. It’s up to the player to decide what is the priority for him.

NIL is one among many reasons a recruit might choose a school. But it’s a big one. Schools might know what the preliminary ask is. But at the end of the day, this will likely be an auction with a player going to the highest bidder. It’s up to the player to decide what is the priority for him.
So now you switched back to it being an auction?

Apparently CJ West transcripts are really bad and can only play as a grad transfer but it is not sure if he will graduate. Graduation at his school is apparently not until August.

Be realistic. Every 21 year old is looking to get paid and looking to play on a winning team. We are likely going to be a winning team but if a team like Michigan or LSU is going to offer you $500K and RU offers $400K, where are you going to go? What are we going to sell him on? A coaching relationship? We aren't going to win against a school with more high profile success and great track records of putting DL's into the NFL unless we pay more.

If we get this kid, it is because other schools drop out due to academic concerns. Maybe we sign him at the end of training camp and he spends all of Sept getting in to academic and playing shape.

But people here would rather provide excuses for not giving to NIL. At the very least, avoid talking about transfer targets if you don't contribute.

Last edited:
Be realistic. Every 21 year old is looking to get paid and looking to play on a winning team. We are likely going to be a winning team but if a team like Michigan or LSU is going to offer you $500K and RU offers $400K, where are you going to go? What are we going to sell him on? A coaching relationship? We aren't going to win against a school with more high profile success and great track records of putting DL's into the NFL unless we pay more.

If we get this kid, it is because other schools drop out due to academic concerns. Maybe we sign him at the end of training camp and he spends all of Sept getting in to academic and playing shape.

But people here would rather provide excuses for not giving to NIL. At the very least, avoid talking about transfer targets if you don't contribute.
Totally disagree. What if he does not get playing time at LSU or Michigan? Will he be happy with his little trophy? What if at Rutgers, he gets more playing time and development from his coach, improving his chances for being drafted? You don't think that matters? You NIL brow beaters do more harm than good

Oh FFS, here we go again with the “excuses” delusion. Nobody anywhere ever needs to justify, excuse, explain, or discuss their level of sports entertainment donations to anybody else at any time for any reason.

And there are no forum rules about how sports donations dictate what may be discussed. It’s a ridiculous concept. You gonna somehow force people to provide proof of donation amounts and then force them to adhere to a posted-word-per-donation-dollar policy? 🤣

Some of you need to get a grip. This is reaching Pythonesque levels of delusional silliness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT