ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from Camp Randall

slyker

Senior
Feb 2, 2002
3rd time here for a game ( 2nd RU game). And just a few game day observations:
Sat in lower level in a similar area to my RU seats. Volume from their PA system is significantly lower than what we experience at SHI… was actually able to discuss the game with the group we came with. ANd no train horn! Seems as though music selection is very similar to what RU plays… does the B10 have a royalty agreement with certain artists and allows all the conference members to play the same things ?? As mentioned before, tailgating is a great time… but VERY different from how it’s done at RU…. Every square inch of every businesses parking space seems to be utilized and rented out for tailgating. All the a regent street bars have big outdoor areas set aside for merrymaking!! Lots of friendly interactions with many Badger fans. Didn’t get one negative comment or even a friendly boo!! Seemed to be a lot less RU presence then the last time we made the trip in ‘18. As usual great time out in Madison

Reactions: LetsGoRed!

Seems as though music selection is very similar to what RU plays… does the B10 have a royalty agreement with certain artists and allows all the conference members to play the same things ??

Nowadays it is standard procedure for stadiums with big azz scoreboards and PA systems to buy a standard sound effects package. You'll hear the same crap at college stadiums, basketball arenas and pro football stadiums.

Did Wisconsin allow their band to play more that our stadium operator does?

Nowadays it is standard procedure for stadiums with big azz scoreboards and PA systems to buy a standard sound effects package. You'll hear the same crap at college stadiums, basketball arenas and pro football stadiums.

Did Wisconsin allow their band to play more that our stadium operator does?
I disagree with slyker's take. There was very, very little piped in DJ crap, or maybe it was such low volume, we did not hear it in our section. There was a lot of organic crowd noise and band participation.

BTW, can this be merged with the other thread on the same topic. If I started this thread, it would have been merged already. 😂 😜 🤕

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT