ADVERTISEMENT

Official hike to Hollywood sign thread

PatrickRU92

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
so here is the dirt if you are interested in doing this hike. Will be Friday the 25th , same day as the game

anyone interested can literally just show up at trail head, no RSVP , just show up.

Here is the All Trails link. would recommend the App if you don't have it will give you real time data as to where you are and where you're going

All Trails link

its at the very end of Canyon Drive (Brush Canyon is the name of the trailhead). The address is 3200 Canyon Drive, Los Angeles

Would recommend meeting at trailhead at 8:30 , do try to be on time as Friday is sure to be a busy day for all of us and we don't want to rush anything. As noted previously distance is 6 mi round trip about 1000 ft elevation gain. you do not need to be in stellar shape for this but do have to be ready to walk and get some exercise. Would rate this as moderate hike. You can do it ! and will be great sense of accomplishment and you can pig out at the tailgate and not feel guilty haha.

This is an extremely popular hike since its literally in the middle of the city, so there will be others but I've only done it previously on Saturday or Sunday, never done it on a weekday so not sure how crowded it will be

Parking is available but limited right at the trailhead . you can find street parking (its a nice residential neighborhood so you'll be safe) but then you'll have to walk a little extra to get to the trailhead so doing an Uber might be the best way.

needed: sunscreen, water (bring more than you think, have at least 1 Liter) any snacks for the top . wear your RU gear. small backpack useful . Sneakers are fine for this hike, it mostly a wide dirt track and near the Hollywood sign it becomes a paved road. no climbing or scrambling at all.

I will be at the trailhead and will make sure I'm easily visible. I'm very handsome so look for that :) My lovely wife (RU fan by proxy) will also be there.

weather wise this is like the best time of year in LA so if we have crappy weather it will be an oddity. Will probably need a light jacket at most

Hopefully we can have a nice turnout but even if just one person shows its cool it will still be fun.

If you want to text me about anything message me here and I'll give you my cell.

Go RU

(will put this on the free board too)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.