ADVERTISEMENT

Oh no.. college football.. and Rutgers.. must prepare for pre-game protests now

RU should just put a message out there now:

"If you want to PEACEFULLY protest - as is your God-given right as an American citizen - we'll give you a roped off area in Johnson Park up until 11PM. Oh and it will be guarded by the RU Police, Piscataway Police and The Middlesex County Sheriff's Department. Any attempt to block parking lot entrances or stadium gates, let alone disrupt the game itself, will result in immediate removal and arrests."

Or just arrest any hammerhead who tries to disrupt the game.

*** that being said it seems like RU has been quiet up until now (unless I've missed something), right?

FWIW, the protest has nothing to do with national/global events. It has to do with a Cal professor currently suspended due to stalking allegations.
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm probably not the only person who assumed that this was about the Middle East. Here is an article about the professor, who has been accused of stalking. The guy she is accused of stalking, a professor at UC's Davis campus (about 45 minutes away by car), is no prize, either: he has advocated shooting police officers, preferably in the back. Here is some background: https://www.kqed.org/news/11965822/...to-reinstate-professor-suspended-for-stalking

FWIW, the protest has nothing to do with national/global events. It has to do with a Cal professor currently suspended due to stalking allegations.
From what I read the Spanish teacher got what she deserved. Harassed, stalked and retaliated against a a fellow staff member for 4 yrs. then when order to no longer contact him violated the order. Sounds like a jilted lover who's an absolute nut case.

Reactions: RUScrew85
From what I read the Spanish teacher got what she deserved. Harassed, stalked and retaliated against a a fellow staff member for 4 yrs. then when order to no longer contact him violated the order. Sounds like a jilted lover who's an absolute nut case.

Will she get Mets tickets when she is reinstated? Oh, and add harassing a senior citizen. If there's a hunger strike I suggest waiting them out.

Let the players use the protesters for pregame tackling practice. Once these shitbags get hit by a lineman a couple of times, they will yield the field.

That's good to know... but if the story gets national attention.. regardless the cause.. look out. I hope I am wrong.

But that does explain why it was only a small group and the game started 15 minutes late only. Not a lot of "righteous indignation" in that group.

fatal-attraction-not-gonna-be-ignored.gif

Rabbit Season?

Have police dogs ready.

I was at the last protest - the Umass bb game in 95/96 or thereabouts. . Disaster !
I always point to that game (and the protests around Fran Lawrence and the Bell Curve) as the beginning of the end for ideological balance at the school. He should have kicked their asses off that court (so the game could finish) and expelled everyone involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT