ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St Recruiting And other ramblings

sport2231

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2007
I tend to think of myself as more mild mannered than many here. I also never played the sport of football, so don't know all the technical ins and outs when watching specific players. I am just one of those die hard sports fans who watched the big 4 sports growing up with my pops, who was a RU alumni, so took me to some of the Ru football games growing up. I graduated from Udel in 2005 and moved to New Brunswick with buddies shortly after. Needless to say, the teams rise at that point any my passion for sports, was a perfect combo and I have followed closely ever since

As just a college football fan it's remarkable to watch the job Urban is doing at Ohio St and the recruiting. Has everyone taking the time to go to their site and actually look at their commit list?? And it's their 2017 class is already rolling

I for one think them, Penn St etc etc recruiting at such a high level will be good for us. Yes, it stinks to lose out on a micro level with the kids we want, but at they end of the day these schools can't take everyone. On a bigger picture, regardless where a lot of these kids are ranked they think they can compete with the best, and if they are turned down by the powerhouses, they will want a chance to compete against them. So instead of turning to plans B,C and D, we perhaps get 1A, 1B and so on.

While I didn't drink the kool aid the last two years and was not happy overall with the classes, I also think this years class is under rated and hope the stars change to reflect that because whether we care or not, I think a lot of the top players want today with other great players and they look at those things.

Anyway, didn't want to hijack the Rene thread and just wanted to throw my two cents in. Everyone can go back to fighting between themselves now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News