ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Fans -Our QB Sucks!!!!!

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Social Media Geniuses are everywhere for every team!!! Even the #1 team in the nation.

YouTube Comments:

@SeanTheRuthless

3 hours ago

This offense is the Titanic and I feel like McCord the inevitable iceberg it's gonna hit. His play is getting worse as the season goes on. Always hitching before throwing the ball, making bad decisions, now turning the ball over, lacks reading progression which is leading to too many check downs.

@tonylightfoot588

6 hours ago

Time to start watching the transfer portal for a possible clone of Justin Fields. Will Lincoln have a fare chance of winning the QB JOB?

Tha Pookie and Ray Ray ShowMcCord is DEFINITELY D-2 material & I’m starting to believe his being named starter was partially to appease Marv whom we LOVE as a player

Michael Morriswe need a QB PERIOD...STOP WITH THE KYLE TALK...HE TERRIBLE

Reactions: IL Lusciato
His 3 TD passes were impressive. Tight windows and the ball had to be perfect.

GW TD pass was the same and the should’ve been TD was also a great ball. GW best throws are intermediate routs. Someone call Chase Dodd to teach GW how to throw the long ball.

Reactions: Knight Shift
His 3 TD passes were impressive. Tight windows and the ball had to be perfect.

GW TD pass was the same and the should’ve been TD was also a great ball. GW best throws are intermediate routs. Someone call Chase Dodd to teach GW how to throw the long ball.
Chas is at practices. I watched him throw corner post balls in a drill with the WRs. He was nearly perfect on every throw

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Ohio State offense is not as explosive as it has been. Is it due to McCord? Is it due to defenses focusing in on Harrison ? Is it due to fewer offensive weapons ? Probably all !
For me, coming into the game -‘I was not really fearful of their offense !
It’s a good offense but not a great offense

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Ohio State offense is not as explosive as it has been. Is it due to McCord? Is it due to defenses focusing in on Harrison ? Is it due to fewer offensive weapons ? Probably all !
For me, coming into the game -‘I was not really fearful of their offense !
It’s a good offense but not a great offense
A big piece is McCord not being an elite runner. How many times did a team cover everyone down field and previous OSU QBs would run for 20-30 yards (or more). He is 1 dimensional, which they are not used to. Their offense is very normal without elite weapons.

A big piece is McCord not being an elite runner. How many times did a team cover everyone down field and previous OSU QBs would run for 20-30 yards (or more). He is 1 dimensional, which they are not used to. Their offense is very normal without elite weapons.
Agree. They still have elite skill players.

Reactions: RW90
What does it say about their #2 QB of he's not the most popular player on the team?

I think GW makes our OL look better. Pass rushers have to stay in lanes and not lose containment. If you have a statue back there, the rushers would tee off.

Ohio State fans got too used to beating us by 35, not scoring 35. And that's R fault.

Sorry, Ohio State fans, for lulling you into to your sense of entitlement.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I think GW makes our OL look better. Pass rushers have to stay in lanes and not lose containment. If you have a statue back there, the rushers would tee off.
If he took off for big yardage more.. like QBs have done to us most of this season, then I could agree with you. But the OL is run-blocking well so why not just assume they are pass-blocking pretty well too?

You seem to want to elevate our opinions of GW's game by throwing suspicion onto our OL.

Shame on you.

If he took off for big yardage more.. like QBs have done to us most of this season, then I could agree with you. But the OL is run-blocking well so why not just assume they are pass-blocking pretty well too?

You seem to want to elevate our opinions of GW's game by throwing suspicion onto our OL.

Shame on you.
You mean like the 80 yard TD run against IU? Do you think run blocking and pass blocking are the same?

Reactions: TRU2RU
You mean like the 80 yard TD run against IU? Do you think run blocking and pass blocking are the same?
How does that 80-yard TD run relate to your scenario about his threat to leave the pocket keeping the pass rush down rather than it being good pass-blocking and tremendous pick-up blocks by Monangai?

Hint: it has no relationship whatsoever. We have seen slow NFL QBs score a TD on such a play. That came from run-blocking and fearing the run by the RB.

Man, you are way off-base in that reply.

Do you think Coach Flaherty can coach run blocking at a high level but not pass blocking? Why? Why do you believe that? Answer: so that you can insist that GW's threat to scramble and run is so great.. despite him rarely ever scrambling and running.

I'd LOVE for GW to do that more. I think he does have teh skills to do it more.. just like I'd love to see more bootlegs. But what I have seen from his scramble is that he generally scrambles to throw the ball away... not to run.

Reactions: RUShea
How does that 80-yard TD run relate to your scenario about his threat to leave the pocket keeping the pass rush down rather than it being good pass-blocking and tremendous pick-up blocks by Monangai?

Hint: it has no relationship whatsoever. We have seen slow NFL QBs score a TD on such a play. That came from run-blocking and fearing the run by the RB.

you mean showing you have the ability to be a good runner doesn’t mean D will have to respect your running ability? Yeah, no correlation at all.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
If you re-watch the first half the game, McCord was short on many of his throws. Guys were going down and making low catches that were almost on the ground multiple times. His wideouts certainly make him look better than he really is.

Do you think Coach Flaherty can coach run blocking at a high level but not pass blocking? Why? Why do you believe that? Answer: so that you can insist that GW's threat to scramble and run is so great.. despite him rarely ever scrambling and running.

I'd LOVE for GW to do that more. I think he does have teh skills to do it more.. just like I'd love to see more bootlegs. But what I have seen from his scramble is that he generally scrambles to throw the ball away... not to run.
When you have a QB that can take off for 80 yards it effects the defensive line on both running and passing plays they must stay disciplined. Your coach stresses that to you all week during game prep. Don't lose contain, tackle your assignment on the option no matter what. That delayed hand off is a big reason why monangai is going over 1000 this season and Gavin's athleticism is a big part of why he doesn't take many sacks...

Reactions: ashokan
you mean showing you have the ability to be a good runner doesn’t mean D will have to respect your running ability? Yeah, no correlation at all.
good runner and good scrambler are different things. We have seen QBs punish us running the ball from a pass formation.

here's some stats for you.

wimsatt 86 rushes.. for 463 yards.. these must include his scramble-runs.. but we all know the majority of these are called rushes.. not scrambles.. not even QB draws.. it is largely wildcat-like runs where he follows the RB into he whole or off-tackle.

I'd guess he maybe had 5-6 of those as scramble-runs from a passing play.

Come on now.. close your eyes and try to remember Gavin Wimsatt back in the pocket with a blitz coming where he dodges it and runs for a first down. It's very rare.. right? Why would a D fear that?

We HAVE seen opposing QBs do this and hurt us badly. So much that we wanted our D to go in more under control and not open up such big lanes for a QB to run it. But no opposing fan base has had that concern from GW running it.. because he has not done it often enough to be a concern.

We have also seen hard blitzes come at GW where Monagai and others pickup the blitz and we have seen GW throw the ball away under duress. We have not seen a lot of scrambles for good yards. It just doesn't happen often enough to be of any concern to a defense.

Now.. I don't want to toss our QB under teh bus... yet.. to counter your argument about his running threat tempering opposing pass rushes I see that bet and raise with the idea that since defenses do not fear his passing ability.. they blitz people often.. leaving single coverage where GW will never notice.. because he stares down his targets. GW's inability to be a legit consistent passing threat invites blitzes.

Wow.. while checking rushing stats I see a weird line for Christian Dremel.. 10 rushes for -66 yards for an average of -6.6

If this is correct.. why do we ever call those end-around things for Christian Dremel? Do we have too many yard of offense? Need to bleed some? Do you desire a harder 1st down opportunity? Call the play 3 times.. they all fail.. why call a 4th never mind 4th through 10th? Does that play ever work in practice?

Last edited:
good runner and good scrambler are different things. We have seen QBs punish us running the ball from a pass formation.

here's some stats for you.

wimsatt 86 rushes.. for 463 yards.. these must include his scramble-runs.. but we all know the majority of these are called rushes.. not scrambles.. not even QB draws.. it is largely wildcat-like runs where he follows the RB into he whole or off-tackle.

I'd guess he maybe had 5-6 of those as scramble-runs from a passing play.

Come on now.. close your eyes and try to remember Gavin Wimsatt back in the pocket with a blitz coming where he dodges it and runs for a first down. It's very rare.. right? Why would a D fear that?

We HAVE seen opposing QBs do this and hurt us badly. So much that we wanted our D to go in more under control and not open up such big lanes for a QB to run it. But no opposing fan base has had that concern from GW running it.. because he has not done it often enough to be a concern.

We have also seen hard blitzes come at GW where Monagai and others pickup the blitz and we have seen GW throw the ball away under duress. We have not seen a lot of scrambles for good yards. It just doesn't happen often enough to be of any concern to a defense.

Now.. I don't want to toss our QB under teh bus... yet.. to counter your argument about his running threat tempering opposing pass rushes I see that bet and raise with the idea that since defenses do not fear his passing ability.. they blitz people often.. leaving single coverage where GW will never notice.. because he stares down his targets. GW's inability to be a legit consistent passing threat invites blitzes.

Wow.. while checking rushing stats I see a weird line for Christian Dremel.. 10 rushes for -66 yards for an average of -6.6

If this is correct.. why do we ever call those end-around things for Christian Dremel? Do we have too many yard of offense? Need to bleed some? Do you desire a harder 1st down opportunity? Call the play 3 times.. they all fail.. why call a 4th never mind 4th through 10th? Does that play ever work in practice?
Yup, 463 rushing yards for 7 TDs doesn’t mean he can run. I’m sure all the DC are not concerned about him running at all.

When you have a QB that can take off for 80 yards it effects the defensive line on both running and passing plays they must stay disciplined. Your coach stresses that to you all week during game prep. Don't lose contain, tackle your assignment on the option no matter what. That delayed hand off is a big reason why monangai is going over 1000 this season and Gavin's athleticism is a big part of why he doesn't take many sacks...
True.. but that has nothing to do with the pass rush. That poster was trying to give GW all teh credit for pass protection because of his threat to run.. from a passing situation. It was just wrong to try to justify that position by citing Wiomsat running on running plays or taking advantage of good run blocking or the threat of a running play to KM.

Until GW shows he can harm teams scrambling to run and we notice defenses putting spies on him.. which clearly did not happen for that 80 yard TD and on many of his runs.. I won't be giving GW credit for slowing down a pass rush.

Last edited:
McCord didn't start until this year and spent 2 years learning from better QB coaches than RU has.
He also throws high but has WRs that can make-up for it.

Give Wimsatt Harrison Jr and give McCord Dremel for linked play
QBs aren't even taught to be accurate all the time but to put some balls where only their WR can catch them.
You need good WRs to do that

KjGrKUX.gif

McCord is a decent college QB but not elite. Some throws he looks like an NFL QB and then you watch the rest of the game and wonder how the disparity between the good and bad are so big. Year 3 in the program and he looked the same game 1 as game 12. So he is what he is at this point.

Fans complaining about the starting QB of a 12-1 team who had 4 times as many TDs as interceptions and a 66% completion percentage. Ohio State truly has First World problems.

Last edited:
Social Media Geniuses are everywhere for every team!!! Even the #1 team in the nation.

YouTube Comments:

@SeanTheRuthless

3 hours ago

This offense is the Titanic and I feel like McCord the inevitable iceberg it's gonna hit. His play is getting worse as the season goes on. Always hitching before throwing the ball, making bad decisions, now turning the ball over, lacks reading progression which is leading to too many check downs.

@tonylightfoot588

6 hours ago

Time to start watching the transfer portal for a possible clone of Justin Fields. Will Lincoln have a fare chance of winning the QB JOB?

Tha Pookie and Ray Ray ShowMcCord is DEFINITELY D-2 material & I’m starting to believe his being named starter was partially to appease Marv whom we LOVE as a player

Michael Morriswe need a QB PERIOD...STOP WITH THE KYLE TALK...HE TERRIBLE

only a moron would equate the two situations but you do you

Fans complaining about the starting QB of a 12-1 team who had 4 times as many interceptions as TDs and a 66% completion percentage. Ohio State truly has First World problems.

I think you mean 4 times as many TD passes as interceptions. 😄

Reactions: RU205
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT