ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, raise your hand if you thought Murray was going to sink that trey to beat us after he caught it in great position?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
After so many heartbreaks over so many years over so many sports that I'd rather forget, including the Weiskamp Iowa dagger off the glass - the luckiest bounce in the history of bounces off the glass - my heart just sunk when I saw Murray catch that ball 22 feet out and turn and get a good look at the basket, figuring for a split second it just had to go in to continue our misery. But hallelujah, we got a break and he chucked up a friggin' airball that we barely had to sweat as soon as it left his hands, as it was obviously going to miss. Just had to wait a beat to make sure no phantom foul was called and woohoo! Anyone else think he was going to make that shot? Whew, great win!

After so many heartbreaks over so many years over so many sports that I'd rather forget, including the Weiskamp Iowa dagger off the glass - the luckiest bounce in the history of bounces off the glass - my heart just sunk when I saw Murray catch that ball 22 feet out and turn and get a good look at the basket, figuring for a split second it just had to go in to continue our misery. But hallelujah, we got a break and he chucked up a friggin' airball that we barely had to sweat as soon as it left his hands, as it was obviously going to miss. Just had to wait a beat to make sure no phantom foul was called and woohoo! Anyone else think he was going to make that shot? Whew, great win!
From where I was sitting (behind him in section 315), it looked like it was going in. My heart sank for that second the ball was in the air.

I was at dinner with kids tonight before going to JMA and I said I just do not want to lose like 2019.

Last time there was 3.3 seconds left. I felt good about it since there was only 2 seconds left.

Almost DeJaVu but agree with MBash on the release and knew it was over.

Yup. Couldn’t believe we allowed him to catch it. Saw the play coming a mile away, the down screen. Was thinking why we didn’t have big Cliff on that side of the court.

Reactions: RU848789
Yep, thought there was no way he was missing that once he came down with it.

I didn't think they'd get it at first, but once Murray caught it and turned around cleanly, i was very worried. Crazy how fast it goes though. Quickly was in jubilation lol

Still can't believe Murray was able to catch that pass.........you'd think after 3 years of remembering this play - we'd know how to defend it by now....:)

Liked that Pike this time had a defender on the inbound passer but Cliff got picked so it really didn't matter.

Thank goodness Weiskamp is in the G League.

Almost had a heart attack when Murray caught; turned around and shot the ball.....

I liked how we contested the catch and the shot. Just felt good about it.

Reactions: jrm75 and RU848789
I knew Murray would miss that shot. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? When he caught that, I think my heart skipped a beat. LOL!

It sort of looked like we fouled Murray not in a blatant way but as OP said a phantom sort of BS way. I was waiting for. Foul to be called.

I had the same feeling until I saw it leave his hands. From my angle I knew it had no chance from the second he released it was left
Of course I had the angle on the Weiskamp shot and said no way and of course so until it hit the floor I didn't take a breath!!

After it was tipped and Murray got it I was almost certain it was going to drop.

I actually think Caleb had enough length on him to bother the shot opportunity. I was more disappointed with the way Cliff defended the inbounds. Thrilled we got the W.

From my angle at floor level, it was off the second it left his hands.
That’s said I was scared shitless

I actually think Caleb had enough length on him to bother the shot opportunity. I was more disappointed with the way Cliff defended the inbounds.
It's rare that that kind of shot works. We have been burned by it so many times in the past and this season that I was feeling confident it could not happen again to us, but I was definitely sitting on the edge of my seat.

As for the defense, I thought that about Caleb too but looking at the replay, Murray raised up way over him and was in perfect shooting form. Caleb stays vertical and does not jump and foul him. Exactly what you would want from your best D player. I am sure he had an impact, but it was as clean a look as you are going to get on a contested 3 and Murray was amazingly quick.

As for Cliff, Bohannon was 100% there to try and get a charge on Cliff. Cliff did a great job of keeping his head up and not plowing into him and sending him to the line. It was an interesting chess move by Fran to take his 6th year 39% three point shooter out of the offense and leave 4 RU players to defend 3 shooters.

It's rare that that kind of shot works. We have been burned by it so many times in the past and this season that I was feeling confident it could not happen again to us, but I was definitely sitting on the edge of my seat.

As for the defense, I thought that about Caleb too but looking at the replay, Murray raised up way over him and was in perfect shooting form. Caleb stays vertical and does not jump and foul him. Exactly what you would want from your best D player. I am sure he had an impact, but it was as clean a look as you are going to get on a contested 3 and Murray was amazingly quick.

As for Cliff, Bohannon was 100% there to try and get a charge on Cliff. Cliff did a great job of keeping his head up and not plowing into him and sending him to the line. It was an interesting chess move by Fran to take his 6th year 39% three point shooter out of the offense and leave 4 RU players to defend 3 shooters.
I actually yelled at Cliff to "watch out" so as to not run into Bohannon, lol - maybe he heard me (I was watching on TV)...

they got a really good look and shot for that amount of time and that type of football pass throw. Murray did a good job catching and smoothly moving into a shooting position.

Scary to watch.

Of course BTN showed the replay of the last time it happened. Still nauseating. From the corner, falling away, off the glass...*ugh*

giphy.gif

👏 two hands

I had the remote all ready to throw through the fireplace mounted flat screen TV. Good thing he missed because a new one would be a bitch to hang.

Reactions: RU848789 and BossNJ

Bohannon too short for a clean catch and shoot...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT