ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma plants flag on midfield O at Ohio State

I watched that - holy cow what balls on Mayfield. Game against OSU last year hurt his Heisman chances and this one was a statement for sure...don't know how that helps his image though...

Remember when RU stomped on the cardinal?? Don't recall ours was as intentional.

The series is over, so that makes the flag planting more cowardly, but OSU veteran in the NFL await Mayfield in training camp.

Would be very interesting if they meet up again in the CFP or a bowl.

I read something about last year's game where Ohio St defenders jogged through Oklahoma warm-ups - then celebrated ostentatiously (Oklahoma thought) on Oklahoma's field. So it seems Oklahoma came to Ohio St feeling feudish. Plus last year Ohio St really beat the stuffing out of Oklahoma physically. Broken legs, career ending concussions - Oklahoma was never the same after that game.

I'm sorry but what's the problem here? Florida State used to take big chunks of the field to put on display, at Doak-Campbell, when they won on the road. It's not like they attacked fans in the stands or anything #saradouche

I read something about last year's game where Ohio St defenders jogged through Oklahoma warm-ups - then celebrated ostentatiously (Oklahoma thought) on Oklahoma's field. So it seems Oklahoma came to Ohio St feeling feudish. Plus last year Ohio St really beat the stuffing out of Oklahoma physically. Broken legs, career ending concussions - Oklahoma was never the same after that game.
Never the same after that game? They haven't lost since then.

Enjoy the 2-10 seasons. I'm over it.

Been rooting for this team for years and nothing changes. It's the culture at RU that has the problems, not the coaches, not the talent. No one wants to be a winner here

Everyone would rather be PC and act like we're Ivy League status.
You're right. We shouldn't hesitate to bring in kids with attitude, even if they get in trouble. Enough with the squeaky clean image. Oh wait...

awesome awesome job I owe you. No need to apologize people need to stop being so damn sensitive. If OSU did not want them to do that then beat them. Great job Oklahoma

Never the same after that game? They haven't lost since then.

I was just going by Oklahoma media

"Oklahoma was beaten up"

Physical is a word thrown around a lot in football. It was easy to see why the Oklahoma linebacker felt that way. The Sooners weren’t just beaten by Ohio State, they were beaten up. Oklahoma’s depth chart changed after the game.

Multiple injuries suffered in that game impacted the rest of the season. Guard Cody Ford suffered a broken leg. Linebacker Tay Evans suffered a career-ending concussion. Current free safety Will Johnson suffered a concussion that lingered most of the season.

Oklahoma football: Sooners learned their lesson from 2016 Ohio State game
https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/oklahoma-football-ohio-state-taught-oklahoma-lot

I was just going by Oklahoma media

"Oklahoma was beaten up"

Physical is a word thrown around a lot in football. It was easy to see why the Oklahoma linebacker felt that way. The Sooners weren’t just beaten by Ohio State, they were beaten up. Oklahoma’s depth chart changed after the game.

Multiple injuries suffered in that game impacted the rest of the season. Guard Cody Ford suffered a broken leg. Linebacker Tay Evans suffered a career-ending concussion. Current free safety Will Johnson suffered a concussion that lingered most of the season.

Oklahoma football: Sooners learned their lesson from 2016 Ohio State game
https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/oklahoma-football-ohio-state-taught-oklahoma-lot
Well it's good to be Oklahoma with all those 4 and 5 stars. They have depth we can only dream about.

Reactions: ashokan
The whole episode is tacky and lacks class. Just celebrate with your teammates on the field. They made a statement with the score, no need to go beyond that.

-Scarlet Jerry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT