ADVERTISEMENT

One Reason Why I'm Cautiously Optimistic About This Season

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

we're about 4 weekends into the summer and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that we have a group of guys who are grinding their asses off and taking football seriously this year. I've hinted at it before and theres no secret about it but we had a lot of "leaders" on last years team who didnt give a crap about football.

I know this may sound like something little but as most here know, a ton of our players go down the shore after practice on Saturday. Last summer some of our players thought they were basically Gronk, drunkest guys in the bars down the shore, getting on stage, singing with bands, etc. Even during the season after getting trounced you could find a good deal of them out until 5am, yes 5am after losses. This summer, ive seen a bunch of our guys down the shore but they are very low key, arent drinking and more so just socializing with other RU kids.

We have a really great group of guys on this years squad who are serious about football and I think were gonna see that on the field when the season kicks off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.