ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent in B1G-ACC

Absolutely-----they died at years end.

Leonard Hamilton is a tremendous recruiter who is a fair to poor coach .
On the first part of your post they did finish the season with Miami, Duke and Notre Dame among their final six regular season games. They beat Miami. They never should have lost to Pitt. I don't think their kids took Xavier seriously in the NCAA Tournament. I sat on media row and they were way to loose during pregame.

As to the second part of your post, my initial thought was OMG WAT!

Leonard Hamilton is a two time ACC Coach of the year, a two time Big East COY and was the UPI National COY.

Of the current ACC head coaches only Hamilton, Bennett, Williams, Larrañaga and Krzyzewski have been named ACC COY more than once.

To say that Hamilton is a fair to poor coach is just not correct. It's almost laughably wrong.

Rarely goes very deep in the tournament with a lot of talent.

Completely unprepared in this years NCAA----awful effort in ACC.

You can always lose but to lose like they lost is hard to excuse and makes my point.

Ditto being boat raced by Pitt by 40

Well this should be a fun game for me as my two oldest daughters graduated from FSU so there should be some family fun going on! I agree about Leonard Hamilton I think he is a terrible coach whose team has no structure and did it all on talent and not coaching!!

Rarely goes very deep in the tournament with a lot of talent.

Completely unprepared in this years NCAA----awful effort in ACC.

You can always lose but to lose like they lost is hard to excuse and makes my point.

Ditto being boat raced by Pitt by 40
The Pitt game was an awful performance by them. I didn't see the ACC Tournament but they only lost by 4 to Notre Dame.

Never been past the sweet 16. Like I said, his team's are usually better early in the season than late. But that doesn't make him a fair to poor coach. If he did at Rutgers what he's done at Miami or FSU, Rutgers would put his name in a ring of honor or maybe build a statue of him

Reactions: Local Shill
If you're doing your job right (and you have the horses) shouldn't your team get better as the season progresses?

If you're doing your job right (and you have the horses) shouldn't your team get better as the season progresses?
Yes, but that principle equally applies to the other teams. To paraphrase a popular expression, when everyone has an advantage, nobody does.

Interestingly (maybe only to me) Hugh Durham took FSU to the Final Four in 1972, after Dave Cowens played there and he also took Georgia to the Final Four after Dominique Wilkins played there in 1984. (he recruited and coached both) Still the only time either of those schools have been to the Final Four.

I've always felt (back to his Big East days) that LH was a great recruiter and only a fair coach. His teams always underperform with the talent they have.

I've always felt (back to his Big East days) that LH was a great recruiter and only a fair coach. His teams always underperform with the talent they have.
I believe that only seven men have won more games while coaching an ACC program. Seven.

Hamilton is the only coach to win multiple COY awards in both the ACC & the Big East. The. Only. Coach.

If he coaches five more seasons he'll get his 600th career win. 600.

Yet he's a fair coach?

I just don't get that.

Russ I would explain it in this way. He is a very, very good recruiter and when your teams are regularly flush with talent you will win lots of games. In the tournament when things get tight and everyone has lots of talent good (or not so good) coaching comes into play and could lose you games your talent level might say you "should" win. Anyway that's my take on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT