ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

NO GOOD. Can't believe they won it. They were a lifeless team the entire first half.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Coach Daboll, Coach of the Year!

For a team with Henry, the Titans have an awful run defense.

Giants D got bailed out by the missed FG. This was a great comeback that should have resulted in a loss since 47 yard FG are almost automatic in the NFL.

Absolutely. Dave Brown 2.0. Time to tank and go for a new QB.
Tanking is tricky, I don't think there is a can't miss QB this year. Before Tyrod got hurt I expected him to win the job by midseason!

Like Brown Jones has talent, he needs to reign in the turnovers and make better decisions. You can't throw that pick in the end zone, it was not even close.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
What a game! The Giants had guts to go for 2 points. That was awesome.

That 2 pt shovel play is what you can get when the HC and OC were offensive coaches and coordinators for Chiefs and Bills. You wouldn't see Jets or Rutgers run a play like that. They stick to the beans-n-franks offenses.

Last edited:
I wish Daniel Jones would go back to his Duke number 17. Just like the Giants old over drafted Duke QB, Dave Brown! The turnovers and untimely poor throws are spot on for Dave Brown 2.O.

Its a killer than Giants could have had Herbert if he went to the draft in 2019 (and it was Schurmer who wanted Jones). Gentleman really wanted him but word was that Herbert went back to college to avoid going to NY. Gettleman went to see Herbert six times and Jones once) The young QBs are an amazing crop but Herbert is just a lock to win a Super Bowl (he was #2 QB in NFL last year behind Brady).

Last edited:
Every win in the NFL is a good win. Similar to every conference win is a good win in college. 1-0 with the home opener facing a very beatable Panthers team. Makes next week interesting…

Its a killer than Giants could have had Herbert if he went to the draft in 2019 (and it was Schurmer who wanted Jones). Gentleman really wanted him but word was that Herbert went back to college to avoid going to NY. Gettleman went to see Herbert six times and Jones once) The young QBs are an amazing crop but Herbert is just a lock to win a Super Bowl (he was #2 QB in NFL last year behind Brady).

Great Post.

Reactions: ashokan
tumblr_ln2kxirO3Q1qhep2vo1_250.gif

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Wow that's a gutsy call and as gutsy as it gets. Personally, I think it was fvcking stupid.

Also fire the special teams coach before they board the plane.
I loved it especially for a new coach trying to establish himself and turn the franchise around. And with the long xp the 2 pt conversion is far more attractive than it used to be mathematically.
It wasn’t a great play call .Barkley was stopped at the 2 , that was all effort
Did they score? I think they did.

I loved it especially for a new coach trying to establish himself and turn the franchise around. And with the long xp the 2 pt conversion is far more attractive than it used to be mathematically.

Did they score? I think they did.
Yes they scored . It can still be a bad playcall and work . Just sometimes good playcalls don’t work . Right ?

Giants D got bailed out by the missed FG. This was a great comeback that should have resulted in a loss since 47 yard FG are almost automatic in the NFL.
Yeah, tell that to the Browns and Steelers.

Yes they scored . It can still be a bad playcall and work . Just sometimes good playcalls don’t work . Right ?
You need to watch the play again - he was nowhere near stopped at the 2 - he was hit at the one from the side by a DB, which had no chance of stopping Saquon with a full head of steam.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
You need to watch the play again - he was nowhere near stopped at the 2 - he was hit at the one from the side by a DB, which had no chance of stopping Saquon with a full head of steam.
He avoided being stopped at the 3 by a penetrating defender he made a great move on

Stories like this is what makes sports so great to me.
Daboll, 47, was raised in upstate New York by his grandparents. He had lost his grandmother three weeks earlier. Returning to Nashville brought back memories of that afternoon his grandfather died at 95 years old.
Daboll remembers before he left for that trip his grandfather telling him, "We're gonna win." He always told him: "We're gonna win."
Daboll told his grandfather he better be there when he got back from Nashville. His last encounter ended with his grandfather giving him a fist pump and wink.
Daboll got choked up as he told some reporters this story Sunday afternoon in Nashville after perhaps the biggest win of his coaching life. He explained that as the Titans were attempting the game-winning field goal, he was holding the pendant with his grandparents' ashes, hoping for a miss.

"This is what I was doing during the kick," he said. "I held the ashes of my grandmother and my grandfather. I just held them and looked up. That's what I did."
Buffalo lost 34-31 when it faced the Titans last year following the death of Daboll's grandfather. This time it ended differently.
"It's a special moment because it's my first win," he said. "Last year coming here for the Buffalo game, I lost my grandfather on the airplane as I was landing. It was weighing heavy on my after the game [Sunday].
"When he missed it, I thought about them. I don't come from much. Those two people helped me get to where I am."
The head coach of the 1-0 Giants after a game he's surely never going to forget.

Jones did have that horrible Int, but as usual was facing constant pressure. Considering the pressure I think he played well. Saquon probably added another 25 yards to his total by not as much dancing and running forward into the hit. Great game by him

I heard Boomer this morning say how cool it was to see the Giant offense pulling the guards and center
The shovel pass is something KC does a lot and Mahomes is good at stuff like that.

Mark Sanchez (announcer) said the play was intended to go up the middle and its never intended t bounce outside. Saquon adjusted when he saw clogged middle. Guard Joshua Ezeudu (rookie) made a nice block.

He's a playmaker. Beckham was last playmaker but slants were all Giants could use with bad OL. Giants used to be tedious and predictable. Be nice to see RU toss a shovel. Idea of a shovel near goal probably gives Greg daymares lol

Video Highlight

Last edited:
When do we stop trying to make Toney happen?

Yes, he had 1 great game a year ago (that he also got thrown out of).

And another drive killed with a dumb play involving Toney. Nobody is scared of him.

Leave in Saquan and let him run or be a threat.

I can't explain it, but I think I just have an affinity for teams who are offensively challenged. Especially those who have offensive coordinators that would have trouble figuring out how Lincoln Logs work.

I can't explain it, but I think I just have an affinity for teams who are offensively challenged. Especially those who have offensive coordinators that would have trouble figuring out how Lincoln Logs work.

I couldn't even imagine being a Chiefs fan.
Like what does that just feel like waking up knowing you likely already have 20 pts just to start the game.

Wow, that's a really bad call on the offensive PI call. Completely accidental.

Strong Carolina interior DL against the weak Giant interior OL.

Problem.

60 fvcking total yards. Between the Giants and Rutgers, the offensive ineptitude is mind numbing. The only explanation I have left is, it's got to be something in the water.

There may be major hope for this year. That game is the type the Giants usually lose late inexplicably!

Will a team I root for ever have an exciting offense?

That being said, Gints have a chance to get to 3-0.

Will a team I root for ever have an exciting offense?

That being said, Gints have a chance to get to 3-0.
An offensive line for either would be nice. My God we have 5 Matadors and a TE trying out to be one. I know what I’m asking Santa for this Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT