ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 3 Rhino Poachers eaten alive by Lions

That’s an excellent comparison you just made. It’s very appropriate to compare American crime families to poor African people.

So in answer to your question what are other people in the community doing to feed their families? They are immigrating to other countries, their prostituting themselves, they’re working their fingers to the bone in sweatshops and agricultural fields likely owned by a company that’s not even based in their home country, they’re walking around barefoot and gold mines or diamond mines or dismantling toxic electronic waste by hand, they’re working for druglords are warlords in their area, Or they’re not doing anything at all for money because they’re too busy trying to find water, I could go on and on. And the people that aren’t doing any combination of these things? They’re starving.

LOL! Mafia hit men are sociopaths with no trepidation against violating fundamental rules of human decency.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
It is. They need access to healthcare and family planning services. Women need to be allowed to go to school and not merely considered baby vessels. The people that have to go searching for water? Women. No time for education they spend all day gathering water and raising children.

I would recommend making fewer kids.

Those parts of the world aren't able to support large populations of people. That's why, historically, the indigenous people were nomadic - and few in number.

Western civilization's greatest mistake has been trying to recreate the world's population in its own image.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Oh boy, 1st of all there are two different types of Poachers, and one of them are 100% NOT POOR. The other kind are random poor people who go at it themselves and then try to sell to horns to the professional poachers , which turn around and sells it for large profits.

Learn the difference.

If anyone want to learn more, warning very graphic photos, you can read all about here: https://www.africa-wildlife-detective.com/rhino-poaching.html

Oh boy, 1st of all there are two different types of Poachers, and one of them are 100% NOT POOR. The other kind are random poor people who go at it themselves and then try to sell to horns to the professional poachers , which turn around and sells it for large profits.

Learn the difference.

If anyone want to learn more, warning very graphic photos, you can read all about here: https://www.africa-wildlife-detective.com/rhino-poaching.html

Yeah, I stopped a little short of asking @chrisman8604 where these poor, starving subsistence poachers happened to come upon their $1500 rifles.

Sorry about being in the defensive about that. Its just too many times people look down on me like hunting is some sort of political stance I'm taking when all I'm doing is hunting.

As for poachers I agree with the individual who asked for a little empathy for them. Am I stricken with grief that they died? No...but in my experience getting to know some of what goes on in these countries most of the poachers are not evil men hellbent on destroying a species....they are just trying to feed their families. The issue is with the demand as a result of a large population believing in superstitious eastern medicinal remedies that call for beaks, horns, antlers, tusks, etc. To tackle the issue you need to tackle demand first and then tackle a way to provide alternatives to supply incentives. The more industrialized and educated the rural areas of China and other eastern countries become, the less weird medicine they'll subscribe to. Converting a hunting economy to a tourism economy is a great way to make sure people have an influx of cash to their communities. "Racing Extinction" is an excellent movie if you are interested in this topic.
These guys had high powered hunting rifles on them, complete with silencers. I don't care where in the world you buy these, be it black market or legally this type of equipment doesn't come cheap. These sound more like professional poachers. So your telling me with the money to purchase these weapons they couldn't buy seed or sheep and cattle and started farming to feed their families. Or did they just choose the easy way to avoid working. Kill a rhino cut off the horn and sell it. Not much work involved in that.

I had choices as well, I worked, saved my money and started up a legal business. I could have just as easily, worked, saved my money and bought a bunch of cocaine and started an illegal business. I'd probably be retired by now with 1/4 of the work, if I didn't get caught 1st.

Last edited:
The very definition of poetic justice, lol.

"Although (game reserve owner Nick) Fox admits that the incident was tragic ..." - can't help but wonder if he was chuckling when saying that? He should make sure that a supply of ketchup is available for the lions for the next time this happens, I hear that poachers without any seasoning can be kind of bland.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...y-lions-in-south-africa/ar-AAzCxRl?ocid=ientp

Now if they were hunting Quail...that would be different~

MO

While I don't condone poaching in any shape or form, ask yourself what drove these men to hunt rhinos? Do they not know it's wrong? Are they just greedy and selfish bastards with no care in the world? Do they just hate rhinos and feel justified in killing them? Or are there other forces at play that are, perhaps, hard for us to understand thousands of miles away in our WiFi equiped homes, electric cars, 401ks, and leftover meals that we readily throw away?
Let's just be greatful we live under much much better circumstances because there's no saying what any of us is capable of if relegated to a life of no jobs and no means of putting food on the table.
If you must direct your anger anywhere, then direct it at the people in the "Western world" who continue to buy this stuff. Those are the real scumbags in all of this.
Wake me up when the punishment for the poachers matches that of those who are buying these items for their living room walls and whatever else they do with them. Forget fines, how about a decade of hard labor?
"Oh no, we can't do that. After all, they're just animals..."
Oh yeah, let's blame it on the Western World, thank you mister Obama.

loved the video, went on line and watched more or their work, the one that they did on tour in Arizona 5/10/10 was hysterical.
Their version of The 12 Days Of Christmas is classic! Also All About That Base.

I value all life, including the human life of those I disagree with. This is a sad story.

I value the lives of those endangered rhinos far more than those of people who want to kill them so they can sell their horns. And the lives of the lions, who might have perished without food, were also more valuable. The efficient laws of natural economics prevailed.

I think you’re full of sh*t. People do dumb, illegal things all the time in America, to other people even, not animals and yet I think if our criminal justice system punished them by death by lions you’d be first in line crying about it.

Reactions: RUbacker
Just an FYI, big game hunters and trophy hunters are two different groups. I am a deer hunter. I have never gotten a deer put on a wall. But I still have 30 pounds of venison in my freezer.
just 30?

Mafia hitmen are just trying to feed their families, too. Ditto crack dealers.

Ask yourself what all of the other guys in the community who aren't poachers are doing to feed their families.
World needs plenty of barh-tendahs

I think you’re full of sh*t. People do dumb, illegal things all the time in America, to other people even, not animals and yet I think if our criminal justice system punished them by death by lions you’d be first in line crying about it.

RedTeam - I don't think that your equivalency is at all equivalent here.

Think of the following situation - a mugger decides he is going to kill his victim and then take their wallet (or purse), but in attempting to carry out the crime he stumbles and accidently shoots and kills himself. I know many people who are anti-capital punishment who would find this outcome poetic justice and not be upset by it. If you don't know the difference between such a scenario unfolding and having the government / criminal justice system execute someone, I feel bad for you.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge

What a dumb statement

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT