ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Accolades for the Official Car of RU Sports

mildone

Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Just in time for your weekend reading, a very favorable review of the forum’s most beloved car:

This once again cements the Honda Accord as the best motor vehicle on the planet.

Just in time for your weekend reading, a very favorable review of the forum’s most beloved car:

This once again cements the Honda Accord as the best motor vehicle on the planet.

I blew the doors off of one this morning.

Turns out the unfortunate 2nd place finisher was an irate MAGA, who rolled down his window at the next light and told me "you drive like you're vaccinated."

I honestly didn't know what that was supposed to mean.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
I blew the doors off of one this morning.

Turns out the unfortunate 2nd place finisher was an irate MAGA, who rolled down his window at the next light and told me "you drive like you're vaccinated."

I honestly didn't know what that was supposed to mean.
That's priceless. And I'm not sure what it was supposed to mean, either. But that's okay because there was no need to respond since the slowpoke had already very effectively insulted himself so definitively, and on so many different levels, that a response would've been superfluous.

But still, although I've never owned one and will never own one, that anecdote cannot diminish the sheer triumph of engineering perfection that is the Honda Accord, destroyer of luxury vehicles everywhere (albeit perhaps not so much in 0-60 times). 🙂

That's priceless. And I'm not sure what it was supposed to mean, either. But that's okay because there was no need to respond since the slowpoke had already very effectively insulted himself so definitively, and on so many different levels, that a response would've been superfluous.

But still, although I've never owned one and will never own one, that anecdote cannot diminish the sheer triumph of engineering perfection that is the Honda Accord, destroyer of luxury vehicles everywhere (albeit perhaps not so much in 0-60 times). 🙂

They are, indeed, a modern achievement in engineering. Kid next door has one, it's about 10 years old. I especially like the antiquing effect that Honda builds in, where the fake chrome coating wears off all the interior trim over time. A realistic patina like that just doesn't happen by accident! I mean, hell... if you want that same look in a Gibson Les Paul, for example, you have to pay the Gibson Murphy Lab Custom Shop like $6000.

They are, indeed, a modern achievement in engineering. Kid next door has one, it's about 10 years old. I especially like the antiquing effect that Honda builds in, where the fake chrome coating wears off all the interior trim over time. A realistic patina like that just doesn't happen by accident! I mean, hell... if you want that same look in a Gibson Les Paul, for example, you have to pay the Gibson Murphy Lab Custom Shop like $6000.
See? People think it’s easy to get that antiquing effect just right, with real rust and torn leather. But it’s really, really hard. And the illustrious and, dare I say it, preeminent Accord gets that just right.

Reactions: RU4Real
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT