ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anonymous opposing Pac-12 coach says 2023 is a 'lose-lose' for Colorado

I don't think they would fire him right away if this season doesn't pan out.

I agree. This "story" sounds similar to the anonymous assistant coach who threw shade at Greg and our "friends" at NJ.com ran with it like it was backed up by Zapruder film. Just hope Coach Prime takes good care of himself and focuses on his health.
The other scenario is that he walks away from coaching due to his health. I don't know anything in this case, but if a guy feels like he can't give a job his all for whatever reason, I have seen them walk away.

Jackson State was so good because they could get FBS-level guys and beat on FCS rosters. That won’t happen here. They’re not a good roster right now. How does he handle losing big? We haven’t seen that.”
A few of us have been saying this exact same thing on here. If you paid attention, you saw what his roster consisted of at Jackson St. compared to his competition.

A few of us also pointed out that his roster is a mess at CU. Think our Oline's bad, he doesn't have many players left at the position and the transfer portal guys he got, aren't very good. Most comical defense I heard from someone on here, "they don't need an Oline, they'll throw quickly". Yeah, we'll see how that works out.

Last edited:
A few of us have been saying this exact same thing on here. If you paid attention, you saw what his roster consisted of at Jackson St. compared to his competition.

A few of us also pointed out that his roster is a mess at CU. Think our Oline's bad, he doesn't have many players left at the position and the transfer portal guys he got, aren't very good. Most comical defense I heard from someone on here, "they don't need an Oline, they'll throw quickly". Yeah, we'll see how that works out.
It's a good thing Noah Vedral did not go to Colorado, because they would have won the Pac12 with all of the knowledge he had on the "throw quick offense."

It's always amazing that people think you can compensate for not being able to block by throwing quickly. Even teams with quick passing offenses block people.

ALL season tickets are sold out for first time since 96.

"For the first time since 1996, CU has sold all of its season tickets. It’s only the ninth time in program history it’s happened and the first time it’s happened before August."

Spring game sold 45k tickets
Previous record was 18k
2022 game has less than 2k
Sales of merch have been setting records as well
Sanders and the AD are sardine tight .
He's not going anywhere anytime soon as long as hes healthy

Reactions: SantaFeScarlet
If the FSU job comes up, he’s gone in a nano second…and the PRB will be back to looking.

One of the nastier fan bases…think State Penn but way more stoned.

It's always amazing that people think you can compensate for not being able to block by throwing quickly. Even teams with quick passing offenses block people.
Think that is a dumb take as "blocking" and "time" are related.

When a big strong team plays a lesser team, blocking for the smaller team is not something they count on. Not unless they cut-block like Army and Navy and even then, those are not sustained blocks.. they count on making a momentary gap that can be exploited for 4 yards. Other team count on execution of a fast passing game... get teh ball off before a rush can hit the QB. They throw timing routes to spots based on presnap reads and they throw quick slants... or throw the ball away or they run the QB.

If anyone thinks we can just have the OL block for 5 seconds and count on that to give a QB time to make reads... that's sad. Yeah, things might be easier if we "demand" that from an OL... but it is not realistic.

Everyone (except us in some ways) can get talented skill players, the big difference at the major conference level is at the line of scrimmage. Getting big, athletic linemen is not easily solved and takes time to develop. Probably a long year for Colorado, but the criticism seems to be grounded in jealousy.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Air raid offenses are designed to compete against teams with superior talent by both confusing the defense and making them cover the whole field and getting the ball out quickly. And they have had lots of success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT