ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another top RB commits to Ohio State

Aug 29, 2014
Demario McCall, the #3 RB in the 2016 class (5'11, 180 lbs) has committed to Ohio State over Arizona State and others.

Probably reading into it way too much and there are still 10+ months until NSD, but maybe this changes Kareem Walker's feelings just a bit. Who knows. Just a little food for thought, is all.

Link

According to our recruiting staff at 24/7 McCall and Hill will not be playing RB at OSU unlike Walker. Both McCall and Hill are being recruited for the H-Back position.

This post was edited on 3/28 4:55 PM by OSU2015

Originally posted by OSU2015:
According to our recruiting staff at 24/7 McCall and Hill will not be playing RB at OSU unlike Walker. Both McCall and Hill are being recruited for the H-Back position.

lol...

So you guys are 2 deep in 2016 at H-back in March 2015 huh?! Man at that pace you guys are gonna run out of positions to sell kids on!

Sure, sure, sure! Meyer the snake at it again! Looks like Walker was fooled! Another kid promised the world only to be riding the bench his whole career fighting for garbage minutes in blow outs! Wish him the best at THE osu!

Originally posted by NorthNJRUFan:

So you guys are 2 deep in 2016 at H-back in March 2015 huh?! Man at that pace you guys are gonna run out of positions to sell kids on!
Plenty of spots still need to be filled. Hill can play both H-Back and RB while McCall has been recruited strictly for the H-Back position according to our recruiting insiders. Walker will be our main RB for this 2016 class.

This post was edited on 3/28 5:08 PM by OSU2015

Originally posted by Chris95:
Sure, sure, sure! Meyer the snake at it again! Looks like Walker was fooled! Another kid promised the world only to be riding the bench his whole career fighting for garbage minutes in blow outs! Wish him the best at THE osu!
How was Walker fooled? Where was he promised the world? What would make you think a talent like Walker would be riding the bench?

Nothing. But Hill, McCall, and whoever else are thinking the same thing.

At some point, depth charts must be considered, no matter who you are. Or maybe the kid just loves Ohio and he doesn't care about playing time. Who knows.

Plenty of spots still need to be filled. Hill can play both H-Back and RB while McCall has been recruited strictly for the H-Back position according to our recruiting insiders. Walker will be our main RB for this 2016 class.

Im sorry is this you Urban? You already backtracked on what you said only a few mins ago! hahaha. maybe its contagious!?! What are you gonna say next? Did you find another new position for Hill? lol - can't make this stuff up!

How was Walker fooled? Where was he promised the world? What would make you think a talent like Walker would be riding the bench?
Did you register this ID just to post on OUR board?

Im sorry is this you Urban? You already backtracked on what you said only a few mins ago! hahaha. maybe its contagious!?! What are you gonna say next? Did you find another new position for Hill? lol - can't make this stuff up!
Unfortunately I'm not Urban. What I meant to say was that Hill would not be primarily playing RB unlike Walker. Walker is being tagged as Elliot's replacement. Hill is a great athlete and I'm pretty sure he could play a variety of positions. I'm just glad we are stockpiling talent. GO BUCKS!

This post was edited on 3/28 6:03 PM by OSU2015

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Did you register this ID just to post on OUR board?
I did. I had registered an ID here before right when you guys joined the B1G but somehow I lost it. I'm usually on the Bucknuts board on 24/7. Unfortunately the Rutgers board there isn't very active so in order to chat with you guys I must come here.

This post was edited on 3/28 3:46 PM by OSU2015

180 lb H-back? LOL, ok then.

Originally posted by RUTBAY:

180 lb H-back? LOL, ok then.
Yes H-Back.

Jalin Marshall and Dontre Wilson play H-Back at around 200 lb. Ok then?

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/03/51722/jalin-marshall-and-dontre-wilson-give-ohio-state-options-at-h-back-and-beyond

Meyer has avoided taking too many players in the past. He knows who he wants. When he wanted Zeke Elliot he backed off #1 RB Derrick Green (who went to Mich. instead)

"His (Meyer) guy at the running back in the 2013 class was Ezekiel Elliott, a former four-star prospect from St. Louis John Burroughs School whom Rivals.com rated as the No. 12 back in the country.

Maybe Meyer would have taken both. But at the risk of potentially losing Elliott by recruiting too many running backs, Meyer devoted himself to his top target by distancing Ohio State from Green during the summer. Green went his own way and eventually landed on Michigan, while the Buckeyes saw the risk pay off by signing Elliott.

"That meant a lot to us," Stacy Elliott, the father of Ohio State's freshman running back, told Cleveland.com in a recent phone interview. "When Derrick Green was not invited to the Friday Night Lights camp because they had Ezekiel Elliott, it meant a whole lot to me and (his mother) Dawn. I know it meant a lot to Ezekiel."

Ohio State faces turned-away prospect Derrick Gree

Originally posted by Rutgers Man 22:
Demario McCall, the #3 RB in the 2016 class (5'11, 180 lbs) has committed to Ohio State over Arizona State and others.

Probably reading into it way too much and there are still 10+ months until NSD, but maybe this changes Kareem Walker's feelings just a bit. Who knows. Just a little food for thought, is all.
McCall is rated as the #3 athlete not RB. He is likely going to be a slot reciever or a DB. He's too slightly built at this point to be a RB in college.

Originally posted by hiwater:
Originally posted by Rutgers Man 22:

McCall is rated as the #3 athlete not RB. He is likely going to be a slot reciever or a DB. He's too slightly built at this point to be a RB in college.
That is a huge assumption. The kid is playing RB and is listed as an RB on more sites than he is listed as an Athlete

Right now OSU is deep at every position except Defensive Tackle. What do you want Meyer to do, not try to recruit any more talent?

Yes, someone will end up being on the bench. That's big time football. But if I was the number one rated running back in the nation I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally posted by klemman:
Right now OSU is deep at every position except Defensive Tackle. What do you want Meyer to do, not try to recruit any more talent?

Yes, someone will end up being on the bench. That's big time football. But if I was the number one rated running back in the nation I wouldn't worry about it.
I would be worried about it. If the kid sprains an ankle or has any sort of accident he could be 6th on the depth chart and have an insurmountable task ahead of him for PT. OSU will not have the same type of loyalty to Mr. Walker that Rutgers had for say... Mr. Huggins(Who I love, for the record)

Originally posted by loyalty_policia:

I would be worried about it. If the kid sprains an ankle or has any sort of accident he could be 6th on the depth chart and have an insurmountable task ahead of him for PT. OSU will not have the same type of loyalty to Mr. Walker that Rutgers had for say... Mr. Huggins(Who I love, for the record)
High school and college kids don't sit around worrying about what will happen if they get injured. That's for guys our age who have been there and done that and are having to live with the consequences thereof.

Originally posted by JQRU91:

High school and college kids don't sit around worrying about what will happen if they get injured. That's for guys our age who have been there and done that and are having to live with the consequences thereof.
Really? Why don't you ask every OSU QB if that's on their mind. What an idiotic statement. When you are being recruited at a position that is stacked and it is the only position that you play, trust that it will be on your mind.

Uhm this is how national championships are won. If Rutgers ever wants to taste anything even close to this, our recruiting needs the same mentality. Stockpile talent and let it sort itself out on the field. RU fans criticizing OSU is downright ridiculous and petty.

Originally posted by RutgersSam:

Uhm this is how national championships are won. If Rutgers ever wants to taste anything even close to this, our recruiting needs the same mentality. Stockpile talent and let it sort itself out on the field. RU fans criticizing OSU is downright ridiculous and petty.
I don't disagree at all that this is how National Championships are won. The point is that if you are Mr. Walker right now, you are concerned. I'd love to have all three of those kids as well. Fact is that if you have those 3 and 4-5 other prime backs, Mr. Walker can find himself in a real tough situation, and that can't feel good right now, if you are him.

Apparently one of the RB Rutgers is recruiting, Timothy Poindexter, from NY, who was always very high on RU but also had interest from Ohio State is now looking at Temple because his gf is going there and because he thinks Flood is going to leave Rutgers for another job because his hs coach and KF are friends and he thinks he knows something that others dont..i was shaking my head tooo
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"Sure, sure, sure! Meyer the snake at it again! Looks like Walker was fooled! Another kid promised the world only to be riding the bench his whole career fighting for garbage minutes in blow outs! Wish him the best at THE osu!"

I'm lost with this statement. Walker was fooled ? Any HS star worth anything is not afraid of competition and if they are, well, move on. I challenge you to show the board a statement by Meyer promising Walker anything ! What you're starting to see with OSU is mind-boggling recruiting similar to Alabama's the last several years. Depth, depth, and more depth ! You can call Meyer a snake all you want but I really believe it has more to do with winning NCs and the possibility of more down the road. Oh, BTW, Walker will be replacing Elliott and will have to beat out others already ahead of him. I really don't thing this alluded or was hidden from the kid when he committed. The other two 2016 commitments are replacing our H-backs (speed, speed, speed) - Marshall & Wilson.

"I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a running back and a halfback."

Maybe that's the confusion over the position. The H-back that we're referring to IS NOT A HALFBACK. It lines up sort of like a tightend but off the line of scrimmage in the backfield more. They're without a doubt the most verstile athletes on the field as they are required to block, run, and receive (quite a bit) and better have a ton of speed. Urban refers to his H-backs as "freaks." When effective, it's really puts a strain on the opposing defense which is exactly what OSU did with Wilson and primarily Marshall this past year. McCall and Hill were/are recruited as H-backs to replace Wilson and Marshall. Both have speed galore especially McCall who is a blur. Walker is the one true RB in the class. I'm sure all three knew their situations before committing. The recruiting services can call all three RBs, but only Walker is being recruited for the position.

"When effective, it's really puts a strain on the opposing
defense which is exactly what OSU did with Wilson and primarily
Marshall this past year."

I recall Jalin Marshal was a top QB in high school and good have gone to Tenn but went to Ohio as #1 ATH (RUs Nadir Barnwell was in that group)

I recall Jalin Marshal was a top QB in high school and good have gone to Tenn but went to Ohio as #1 ATH (RUs Nadir Barnwell was in that group)

Yes, you're correct, he was an option QB in high school. Marshall made some huge, huge plays for us this year especially towards the end of the season. To help people understand the H-back better, think Percy Harvin back in Meyer's Florida days. Would you consider him a RB ? Again, like Meyer says, a good/great H-back is a freak (good way to describe Harvin).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT