ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody Sign Up With Threads Yet?

I agree, in theory.

But they don't, in practice. They issue requests where it involves national security or public health and safety (i.e. terrorism). Social media and other internet platforms or non-internet media outlets are free to cooperate or not.
I don't know about you, but I want the government stepping in ask issuing those requests. And I want the government to publicize when at attack succeeds because an organization failed to cooperate with a request that would have prevented that attack.

It's up to the private organizations to decide what to do. Although the details aren't generally made public, the government is refused plenty of times where the organizations decide the case for the threat isn't strong enough.

Sometimes stuff becomes public and gets blown way out of proportion which is easy to do because the details are often classified so people can make up whatever partial-truth narratives they want and neither the private media organization nor the government can respond to correct the disinformation. Such is life in a free society.
lol national security..oh that one bahahaha

hunters laptop waves hello

lol national security..oh that one bahahaha

hunters laptop waves hello
Nothing about Hunter or the laptop contradicts anything I just wrote. The government can request. Media organizations get to comply or not at their discretion.

And I have zero interest in defending Hunter or his father or anybody else. As always, my position is this: if there is wrongdoing that can be proven in a court of law, then do that and upon conviction, lock up the guilty parties. That applies to Trump, Biden or anybody else anywhere.

What I don't do is allow a bunch of half-truth conjecture-based propaganda to convince me of anything. Show me the indictments and convictions and I'll listen. Otherwise it's a bunch of manufactured BS put out (by both sides) to manipulate the soft-minded and/or politically obsessed.

I said the exact same thing back in 2017 about the whole Trump-Russia collusion accusations. There were tons of allegations and conjecture, but no proof (about Trump himself) that would convince a grand-jury.

Courts of law, Bac. Where there are rules of evidence. Everything else is BS.

TPS

31 felony counts of willful retention of national defense information
34 felony counts for falsifying business records
Georgia Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is leading an investigation into possible election meddling by Trump
Federal prosecutors are investigating Trump’s attempts to subvert the results of the 2020 election, including his role in the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

TPS

31 felony counts of willful retention of national defense information
34 felony counts for falsifying business records
Georgia Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is leading an investigation into possible election meddling by Trump
Federal prosecutors are investigating Trump’s attempts to subvert the results of the 2020 election, including his role in the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.
oh dear we have a live one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT