ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ash Nightmare

Gee... How many more Ash threads will pop up this week? Lets just put that debacle behind us and look forward to the future with Schiano rebuilding it for the better.

Gee... How many more Ash threads will pop up this week? Lets just put that debacle behind us and look forward to the future with Schiano rebuilding it for the better.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Boys
Kansas was a favorite in that game so I don't see how anyone was "expecting" a win let alone an easy one. Perhaps we're talking about before the season started in our season prediction threads. I thought we'd win that game in August but not leading up to the game after getting pummeled by OSU
Oh, I would have understood losing that game and would not have been surprised. Getting pushed around and failing to put up a fight. Didn't see that coming. Maybe I should have.

we will still be hearing about ash if our team stinks with many ash recruits still here . Kinda like that we heard about terry Shea from 2001-2003 after he was fired in 2000. The ash stain is on this program for a few more years . Give schiano time to coach up and turn the roster over . With that said, if some ash guys turn out to be respectable there will be some credit thrown Ash way . Like Pacheco

Reactions: tico brown
Ash's D looking bad early on. OK receivers wide open all over the place. Undisciplined RTP penalty. OK up 10-0. Great DC just couldn't make the jump to HC

I know Riley is supposed to be a great coach, but his coaching decisions down the stretch have been downright awful. I would doubt he’d be a good NFL coach.

Is anyone pointing out the Refs added 36 seconds on that official review that moved the ball back just behind the 20 with 6:00 left???

clock was clearly on 6:00 when QB stepped out - and after the review they reset it to 6:36 - it's crazy....

Reactions: RUaMoose
Congrats to the Oklahoma Sooners great game... so Texas recruits 4-5* players on D... so why can’t Chris Ash teams not tackle?

To be fair, high scores all over. The offenses are ahead of the defenses, especially when there is comparatively little crowd noise to intimidate visiting teams and mess with their timing. LSU gave up 45 points and lost. Alabama gave up 48 and won. The Texas A & M crowd had a big influence on their 41-38 upset of Florida. But it was still nice to see Ash squirm.

Hey, Longhorn fans, hang in there. Chris Ash's D is right on schedule with his 10 year plan.

Reactions: RUaMoose
To be fair, high scores all over. The offenses are ahead of the defenses, especially when there is comparatively little crowd noise to intimidate visiting teams and mess with their timing. LSU gave up 45 points and lost. Alabama gave up 48 and won. The Texas A & M crowd had a big influence on their 41-38 upset of Florida. But it was still nice to see Ash squirm.
Not only squirm, I swear I saw in pulling his hair. Watching his D gives me a very unhappy flashback. I don't think he thought he had much responsibility for the failure here, maybe this humbles him a bit but I'm not counting on it.

Steer fans are screaming hard for urban Meyer...they are one of the few teams that can offer him like $10M/year to lure him...

tommy Hs days are numbered...dead steer walking!

Steer fans are screaming hard for urban Meyer...they are one of the few teams that can offer him like $10M/year to lure him...

tommy Hs days are numbered...dead steer walking!

Yup.

Hate to interrupt a Chris Ash bASHing thread, but local news reports and blogs lay the blame on lack of discipline, offense and special teams, and so do several fans on Twitter.

"Oklahoma finished the first half with four turnovers and made a fourth-quarter coaching decision that was more than questionable. "

"Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but Texas — particularly its offense and special teams — couldn’t get out of its own way for the first 50 minutes of the game.
Time and time again, the Longhorns' defense forced a turnover or held strong in the red zone to force a field goal attempt. But Texas simply couldn’t find a way to capitalize.
Rattler struggled in the first half, with a fumble and interception leading to his benching. But three Oklahoma turnovers in the first 30 minutes of play led to just 10 Texas points."

Defense not listed among the 3 reasons they lost:

"The broken record for this team has been their discipline. Whether that is a block in the back on a return, false starts or just bonehead plays. This team does the little things that puts them in even more difficult situations."

"The defense did enough in this game to help the Longhorns get a win holding Oklahoma to 31 points in regulation."

"If talking about being undisciplined sounds like a broken record, so it talking about the special teams. Once again it was the special teams unit that was not so special in this game."

"Texas still can’t get out of its own way. This ties back to the glaring lack of discipline and is most evident in the form of costly penalties. Texas entered the Red River Showdown as one of the most penalized teams in the country and proceeded to commit 11 more."

"The Texas offense, in general, is a mess. Having Ehlinger be able to muster heroic moments is good, but for the most part, the Longhorns offense under first-year coordinator Mike Yurcich is a mess. The offensive line is, to put it frankly, horrible, "

Carry on.

Seems we heard all this about Chris Ash the Head Coach at Rutgers. Big problem...Texas is always going to Texas... boosters there are much different than boosters at Rutgers . We think small in comparison to them regardless.

They’re not trying to fire Ash...they’re trying to get rid off Herman...imagine if Texas Tech wasn’t so putrid...they would have beaten the steers...at 1-4, Herman might already be gone. They’re looking at more loses in a conference that really sucks.

again texas lost to a team that lost to a team that lost to a sunbelt team...OU is not good...ash is not the target...

In the case of Tom Herman being fired . Chris Ash will be gone as well , unless Urban Meyers takes the job and even then who knows.

If the Herman staff gets fired...ash will get another job and be getting paid by 3 places : rutgers, Texas And new place.
Ash got us smashed and is laughing all the way to the bank ...banks ! A$h

Reactions: RUBOB72
Hate to interrupt a Chris Ash bASHing thread, but local news reports and blogs lay the blame on lack of discipline, offense and special teams, and so do several fans on Twitter.

"Oklahoma finished the first half with four turnovers and made a fourth-quarter coaching decision that was more than questionable. "

"Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but Texas — particularly its offense and special teams — couldn’t get out of its own way for the first 50 minutes of the game.
Time and time again, the Longhorns' defense forced a turnover or held strong in the red zone to force a field goal attempt. But Texas simply couldn’t find a way to capitalize.
Rattler struggled in the first half, with a fumble and interception leading to his benching. But three Oklahoma turnovers in the first 30 minutes of play led to just 10 Texas points."

Defense not listed among the 3 reasons they lost:

"The broken record for this team has been their discipline. Whether that is a block in the back on a return, false starts or just bonehead plays. This team does the little things that puts them in even more difficult situations."

"The defense did enough in this game to help the Longhorns get a win holding Oklahoma to 31 points in regulation."

"If talking about being undisciplined sounds like a broken record, so it talking about the special teams. Once again it was the special teams unit that was not so special in this game."

"Texas still can’t get out of its own way. This ties back to the glaring lack of discipline and is most evident in the form of costly penalties. Texas entered the Red River Showdown as one of the most penalized teams in the country and proceeded to commit 11 more."

"The Texas offense, in general, is a mess. Having Ehlinger be able to muster heroic moments is good, but for the most part, the Longhorns offense under first-year coordinator Mike Yurcich is a mess. The offensive line is, to put it frankly, horrible, "

Carry on.

if they ain't... then they deserve him...

The day of the Kansas game, we had my Mom's 90 birthday party with about 50 people over at the house.

I was telling everyone that RU was going to kill them. We all watched as KU dismantled them. Was not a fun day with about 1/3 of my relatives being Maryland grads.

Texas fans really like him still. This was a thread after yesterday’s game. They think he is great and want to keep him if Herman gets fired

Yup. And those comments mirror the local press reports, the blog and the tweets from fans. Don't really get our fans wetting their pants over yesterday. Emotions overtaking football knowledge. It's not about total yards and points. The game was 4 OTs. They were in the game at the end of 4 quarters, despite a piss poor offensive performance, poor STs and multiple penalties and miscues.

Yup. And those comments mirror the local press reports, the blog and the tweets from fans. Don't really get our fans wetting their pants over yesterday. Emotions overtaking football knowledge. It's not about total yards and points. The game was 4 OTs. They were in the game at the end of 4 quarters, despite a piss poor offensive performance, poor STs and multiple penalties and miscues.
Agree. And also in fairness to ash there was no spring practices or much of an offseason. I’m frustrated with Ash as much as anyone but unfair to comment on his performance at Texas in a covid season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Agree. And also in fairness to ash there was no spring practices or much of an offseason. I’m frustrated with Ash as much as anyone but unfair to comment on his performance at Texas in a covid season.
I said similar things last week. As I said last week, I am no longer frustrated with Ash, but instead, I am happy he is gone. While he may be a great defensive tactician, he is a complete zero on personality, and does not seem like the kind of coach who can motivate players. It's like having a boss who got promoted because they were brilliant and great at their jobs, but they have horrific people skills--in my field, there are many of those types, and I bailed on at least a couple of jobs because working for a boss with zero people skills was draining and generally sucked.

Reactions: superfan01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT