ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Baker Mayfield Needs to Work on His 40 Time (Video)

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_ddb44764-0022-5535-9b72-f6009d40d91a.html

The Oklahoma quarterback was arrested in the early morning hours of Feb. 25. Mayfield faces misdemeanor charges of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest. He currently has an April 7 court appearance scheduled.

Perhaps the most disturbing portion of the videos was Mayfield trying to race from the scene and only making it three steps before being tackled hard into a brick wall by a police officer and crashing to the ground.

Mayfield was said to be yelling profanities and causing a scene, according to a police report, after an officer was flagged down by another person asking for assistance at 2:29 a.m.
Before he was taken to Washington County Jail (and released on bond about eight hours later), Fayetteville police held the following conversation:

"By the way he's the quarterback for OU"

"He is ... Is he really?"

"That's what his girlfriend said."

"He's not very fast."

Reactions: Loyal-Son
100% his fault. If he didn't try to run, he probably wouldn't have been arrested.

Lot harder to run fast when you're having to concentrate real hard as you plant each foot. People who can't control their behavior when they get drunk should just not drink.

Well that was completely unnecessary. Apparently running in the presence of cops is not allowed.

Well that was completely unnecessary. Apparently running in the presence of cops is not allowed.

I don't know about the cops in your town, but in Arkansas, they don't take kindly to people not following their orders and/or trying to run from them.

He was told not to cus or yell. I didn't hear him do either. He was not being detained until he started to run. So why exactly why was he tackled?

He was told not to cus or yell. I didn't hear him do either. He was not being detained until he started to run. So why exactly why was he tackled?

They were still talking to him. Obviously the police were asking him questions. They probably needed to get his name for a report. He didn't have to answer questions but you can't take off running like that.

They were still talking to him. Obviously the police were asking him questions. They probably needed to get his name for a report. He didn't have to answer questions but you can't take off running like that.

I believe that the video posted on this site is not the entire video. I heard that their was a minor physical altercation with some of his friends/drinking buddies prior to this video and that Mayfield was quite loud and would not STFU. The police said that he smelled of intoxicants and thus they were questioning him. Fayetteville police often arrest people for being drunk in public.

Ok that would make sense. I took it as the conversation being concluded with the cops directive to stop cursing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT