ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best high school or college flick

p10270_v_v8_aa.jpg

YES! That same quirkiness you saw in that old show, Parker Lewis Can't Lose. This is a great movie.

Also, The Sure Thing.

Animal house, superbad, can't hardly wait, American pie, Friday night lights, dead poets society, dazed and confused.

School Ties &
Varsity Blues... I want to recruit Mox for RU and I want the whipped Cream Surprise for me

When I first moved to LA around 2001, Ali Larter was my first celebrity encounter at a strip club off of Sunset. My drunk friends and I proceeded to proclaim "I don't want your life!" over and over to her. She didn't think it was funny as we did. Good times.

When I first moved to LA around 2001, Ali Larter was my first celebrity encounter at a strip club off of Sunset. My drunk friends and I proceeded to proclaim "I don't want your life!" over and over to her. She didn't think it was funny as we did. Good times.
Jersey girl

One on One 1977 - Robby Benson
one guy (scholarship BB athlete) gets paid to keep alligators out of the gym

Up the academy - 1980 Ralph Machio
Ron Leibman - Tickle your ass with a feather??

YES! That same quirkiness you saw in that old show, Parker Lewis Can't Lose. This is a great movie.

Also, The Sure Thing.
Loved The Sure Thing.. was a time I could practically recite 90% of it.

Let's see what still sticks...

Elliot? You're not gonna name the kid Elliot. Eliott is the kid that eats paste. (not quite right)

generous scoops of flesh

hmmm.. time to watch it again I think...

Hoosiers on now. We want Jimmie. We want Jimmie..Rutgers could use a shooter like Jimmie Chitwood the fictional name for Bobby Plump at tiny Milan high school in 1954.Chitwood was played by one of the great names of all time Maris Valanis

Bloodsport

a young Frank Dux grows up through troubled times and the death of his shidoshi who’s son he had to defend on the playgrounds to become the world champion.

Superbad
Breakfast Club
Fast Times

and two not mentioned yet..

She's All That
Ten Things I Hate About You.

I lovdazed and confused and two that I don’t think were mentioned. Glory Road and coach carter

Matthew McConaughey in Dazed playing a spot on pedophile with a muscle car uttering those three memorable words Allright allright allright"

Road Trip: "He went to Austin, Austin, Massachusetts.
Carrie: Everyone had a Carrie in high school.
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: Okay, not high school or college, but the scene when Kumar interviews with the Director of Medical School Admissions (the great Fred Willard) might sneak it into the category. Plus, they were trying to find a White Castle in NJ, and wound up in the Pine Barrens with Neil Patrick Harris and Freakshow.

Animal House and Back to School are both comedy classics, worth watching every fall, and still make me laugh out loud. Hoosiers features great acting, and a great story about second chances and redemption. I love to watch this one during basketball season.

Scarlet Jerry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT