ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best vacation you have had expensive/inexpensive

Expensive: Kenya and Tanzania. Stayed at four different lodges/camps and literally saw every animal we were hoping to see in multiples and people were great everywhere. Food at two of the camps was very questionable and great at the other 2.

Cheapest: Not sure if it qualifies but it was a long weekend in Baltimore where we played three different courses(Rocky Point, Blue Mash and Pine Ridge) whilst staying in a cheap Airbnb.

Hung out in the inner harbor but didn't go crazy, definitely a trip I would do again.

did a trip traversing the globe this year seeing some heritage sites. Expensive yes, 14 flights, 9 hotels, 7 countries, and more, and was absolutely worth the cost

cheapest? staycation of course

Last edited:
That you said Cape May was inexpensive has me wondering where exactly you stayed. We just got back. The week in Cape May cost more than our trip to Ireland this past Spring by quite a hefty sum

That you said Cape May was inexpensive has me wondering where exactly you stayed. We just got back. The week in Cape May cost more than our trip to Ireland this past Spring by quite a hefty sum.
Yes, Cape May rentals have been outrageous for years. I take my family to a very simple place, the Blue Fish Inn. It's clean and managed by a retired NYPD cop that does everything right on his property. It's on Madison and a short walk to the Washington Street Mall and beaches. I go to this gem knowing I'm not expecting the atmosphere and amenities of the Congress Hall. It is perfect though for my three young kids and I have most of our CM favorite spots within walking distance. Fantastic spot.

I wouldn't recommend this place for those with mobility concerns or people that want to be right on the beach.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Most expensive/best: South Africa in 2010 for the World Cup. Then drove up through Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Did a Safari at Chobe, stayed on a small private island is Zambia with fresh cooked meals by island staff outnumbering the guests, elephants roaming and hippos in the river….then hit Victoria Falls and zip lined from Zimbabwe to Zambia. Once in a lifetime trip.

Least expensive/best: Asheville, NC. Stayed in a couple Air BnBs including a small cabin in a backyard in Weaverville (about $100). Good beers, solid food and hiking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT