ADVERTISEMENT

OT BMX legend Dave Mirra dies

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...41-apparent-suicide-greenville-north-carolina

Sad I wonder what he was going through but he basically put BMX biking on the mainstream map. RIP

posted a lot of sentimental stuff on his instagram account a few hours prior to taking his life. Called his wife "my rock" and posted about everyone having to fight their own battles in another picture, a grim foreshadowing. Was a huge fan of his as a teenager, and used to watch all his videos and tried to learn BMX tricks. Seemed like the happiest guy in the world; adventure junkie, wife and two kids, and a ton of money, you just never know.

posted a lot of sentimental stuff on his instagram account a few hours prior to taking his life. Called his wife "my rock" and posted about everyone having to fight their own battles in another picture, a grim foreshadowing. Was a huge fan of his as a teenager, and used to watch all his videos and tried to learn BMX tricks. Seemed like the happiest guy in the world; adventure junkie, wife and two kids, and a ton of money, you just never know.
Yeah i am guessing he maybe had some mental health issues. Youre right he seemed like a really cool great guy. Awesome bikes too.

Yeah i am guessing he maybe had some mental health issues. Youre right he seemed like a really cool great guy. Awesome bikes too.
Would not be surprised if he had some level of CTE. Guy went big and crashed hard a lot. First dude to land a double backflip in street, nowadays its commonplace. Sweet video game on PS2 as well. RIP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT