ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Brandon Green

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Just came across some horrible news concerning Brandon Green of Paulsboro. He wasn't feeling well over the weekend and became unresponsive at some point on Monday which essentially caused him to be in a medically induced sedation over the last few days. He is awake and responsive right now but hopefully he is able to pull through and get back to a normal life but that's horrendous/scary to hear especially for someone so young. T&Ps go out to him and his family.

https://www.courierpostonline.com/s...pitalized-after-medical-emergency/4657749002/

That’s horrible. Glad that it sounds like he’s going to be alright.

Good luck to Brandon Green. In the NJcom article the coach Morina said they expect him to keep wrestling.
First thing I thought of was Rapid weight loss can lead to diabetic shock. He passed out twice in a couple of days after dropping to 170 from 182, and think he even wrestled 195 early in the season. I would expect them to keep a very close eye on his dieting.

Good luck to Brandon Green. In the NJcom article the coach Morina said they expect him to keep wrestling.
First thing I thought of was Rapid weight loss can lead to diabetic shock. He passed out twice in a couple of days after dropping to 170 from 182, and think he even wrestled 195 early in the season. I would expect them to keep a very close eye on his dieting.

Abro, he wrestled 195 this season weighing in at 182. He has only wrestled 170 at the Escape the Rock tourn(and the weight class was 172 day one 173 day two. That tournament was two weeks prior to him passing out. He weighed in at 182 on Friday, had his episode on Sunday and Monday..... And he and his friend were on the way home from eating dinner...Probably something you should not speculate when you do not really know his weight.

Reactions: Abro1975
Abro, he wrestled 195 this season weighing in at 182. He has only wrestled 170 at the Escape the Rock tourn(and the weight class was 172 day one 173 day two. That tournament was two weeks prior to him passing out. He weighed in at 182 on Friday, had his episode on Sunday and Monday..... And he and his friend were on the way home from eating dinner...Probably something you should not speculate when you do not really know his weight.

Yeah, you are right, I probably shouldn't speculate,but it seemed a little odd to me Morina is already saying he's going to be fine to wrestle when the article says they haven't even determined yet.what caused him to lose conscious. I had a family member that was an undiagnosed diabetic who wound up fainting several times when she was dieting. Once diagnosed she was fine with meds and proper diet. Green has a bright wrestling future, hope he gets the necessary care.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Do people really think going from 190 to 170 and back up in a short time is actually healthy?

Per a previous poster, Green weighed 182 but wrestled up a weight a 195. I never played baseball at a high level but a bigger guy like that probably loses 4-7lbs in a hard wrestling practice putting him at 175 to 178. Moderately limiting water and food that night he wakes up at 175-176 and then does an am workout/run to get the rest of the weight off. I realize that to someone who has never cut weight it seems rough but that is not a dangerous cut. And, he may be/have done it even more gradually over the course of several days.

This is what high school sports is all about:

Shane Reitsma from Howell visiting/supporting Green in the hospital. Green and Reitsma are ranked #1 & #2 in NJ at 170

IMG-20200208-192225.jpg

This is what high school sports is all about:

Shane Reitsma from Howell visiting/supporting Green in the hospital. Green and Reitsma are ranked #1 & #2 in NJ at 170

IMG-20200208-192225.jpg

They actually friends off the mat.An excellent young man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT