ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can a D3 Coach be paid and get free grad school tuition?

ScottRU93

Senior
Dec 16, 2003
Asking for a friend. Wondering if comp can be a combo of free tuition and pay. I know the concept of Grad Asst but D3 coaches in olympic sports make peanuts so just wondering of there is any other ways to get compensated? Thanks.

For example can a D3 pitching coach get some comp (lets say $10k) and free grad school tuition!

Asking for a friend. Wondering if comp can be a combo of free tuition and pay. I know the concept of Grad Asst but D3 coaches in olympic sports make peanuts so just wondering of there is any other ways to get compensated? Thanks.

For example can a D3 pitching coach get some comp (lets say $10k) and free grad school tuition!
Yes. Typically theyre paid peanuts but they do get free tuition. I know a couple d3 coaches locally

Yes. Typically theyre paid peanuts but they do get free tuition. I know a couple d3 coaches locally
As kyk said that is generally how low level annd grad assistants are paid. They receive a very small stipend and then free or reduced tuition depending on the program.

Reactions: KK1827
As kyk said that is generally how low level annd grad assistants are paid. They receive a very small stipend and then free or reduced tuition depending on the program.
This is somewhat like other grad students -- they can work as TAs or RAs and also get reduced tuition.

I was once offered a very non-academic position at a very prestigious university. The money was not right - not even when they mentioned free tuition for me and my wife and children as a benefit. I remember hearing about a Boston College janitor who had several kids graduate tuition-free so I think it is pretty typical to free tuition to university employees.

I was once offered a very non-academic position at a very prestigious university. The money was not right - not even when they mentioned free tuition for me and my wife and children as a benefit. I remember hearing about a Boston College janitor who had several kids graduate tuition-free so I think it is pretty typical to free tuition to university employees.
Yes, that's the rule at Rutgers -- every employee gets free tuition for dependents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT