ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chicago White Sox 2024

RUGuitarMan

Senior
Apr 5, 2021
For baseball fans out there, the Chicago White Sox have lost 20 straight games and are 60 games under .500 at 27-87. There is a chance that they will win less than 40 games this season. I’m a lifelong Met fan and we’ve had to live with the 1962 (1st year of franchise) season record of 40-122. That isn’t the worst in MLB history but the worst in the modern era.

I went to a game back in May while on my baseball stadium tour. Can't remember who they played, but they won. Granted the weather was crummy, but MAYBE 8-10,000 people in the stands for a night game.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
For baseball fans out there, the Chicago White Sox have lost 20 straight games and are 60 games under .500 at 27-87. There is a chance that they will win less than 40 games this season. I’m a lifelong Met fan and we’ve had to live with the 1962 (1st year of franchise) season record of 40-122. That isn’t the worst in MLB history but the worst in the modern era.
Hell I think we (Mets) play them in series next month and we might just lose it.

Hell I think we (Mets) play them in series next month and we might just lose it.
Of course we might. The White Sox are not THAT bad. No team that loses 20 in a row can possibly be as bad as they look in that 20 game stretch. They could well get hot, relatively speaking, and win 11 or 12 of the next 20.

Of course we might. The White Sox are not THAT bad. No team that loses 20 in a row can possibly be as bad as they look in that 20 game stretch. They could well get hot, relatively speaking, and win 11 or 12 of the next 20.
It's more that we're wildly inconsistent and not that good. Good enough to win series against anyone while also mediocre enough to lose series against anyone.

It's more that we're wildly inconsistent and not that good. Good enough to win series against anyone while also mediocre enough to lose series against anyone.
You have just defined the majority of MLB teams.

But with the expanded playoffs, "not that good" might be good enough. It will be for somebody. Some "not that good" team will make the playoffs. Hey, you never know.

White Sox have a shot at breaking the record for worst season.
I can remember so well the clowns that currently hold that record.
Good times.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
White Sox have a shot at breaking the record for worst season.
I can remember so well the clowns that currently hold that record.
Good times.
You never miss an opportunity,lol. Must have been classic when a couple of your buddies that are Mets fans rode you during those few good years. I seem to recall you saying it's why you hate Mets fans of course you didn't deserve it. Too funny. Note, that was an EXPANSION SEASON. This CWS team might go down as worse ever in a non expansion season. I really don't expect you to grasp the difference.

The thing that's depressing about the White Sox is that in about 2017-18 they were getting ready to enter a championship window with all of their young talent, some good trades to acquire young talent, etc. But it never materialized. What did they have 1-2 playoff appearances and no series wins?

They made that trade with the Cubs in 2017 that helped the Cubs get to the NLCS again (Quintana for Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease) which seemed like a great deal for them at the time. Neither Cease or Jimenez is on the team now and Jimenez was hurt all the time. Now they are stuck with a massive, long rebuild.

You never miss an opportunity,lol. Must have been classic when a couple of your buddies that are Mets fans rode you during those few good years. I seem to recall you saying it's why you hate Mets fans of course you didn't deserve it. Too funny. Note, that was an EXPANSION SEASON. This CWS team might go down as worse ever in a non expansion season. I really don't expect you to grasp the difference.
It's kinda hard to remember much about a Mets world championship. 38 years is a long time. I do recall some of them talking in '86 about a Mets dynasty....with their obviously talented and young team. Lucky for me it didn't quite work out that way.
I've been listening to Mets fans talk chit about the Yankees pretty much since 1962. Amazing how most of them have never been able to take it when I start on their "Amazins". That's OK. I got to root for Mantle and Maris and Mariano and Jeter. They got Ed Kranepool and Coo Choo Coleman.
Listen, I can't explain to you what it's like when you're a kid and you get to root for a legendary team like the New York Yankees and then a second team arrives in New York...a clown show with big mouth fans...and proceeds to set the record for worst team in baseball history. I've been going at it with them ever since. I kinda enjoy it. Somebody has to put things in perspective for them.

Any truth to the rumor Mike Trout is requesting a trade to the White Sox?
Allegedly he feels the direction of the White Sox is more in line with his professional aspirations.

James Franco Flirt GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT