ADVERTISEMENT

OT-- Cowboys

From what I have heard, the Cowboys did stand during the national anthem. They did this before the anthem.

Correct. They took a knee as a team prior to the anthem, then stood - again, as a team - during the anthem. I hate the Cowboys but, IMHO, they did this perfectly: They got their point across while showing unity, as team, regardless of which side any single individual stands when not on the field of play.

Let's be honest...when was the last Superbowl party that everyone stopped pouring their beer, getting a drink, playing beer pong getting food, going to the bathroom or stop filling out their pool when the NA is being played. Yes, there are some that stop what they are doing but usually stay seated in their chair and comment about who is signing it and how it just isnt as good as Whitney.

Dollars to donuts many of the loudest "pro murcan anthem" voices on this board make zero effort to see the anthem. Or if they do it's 'cause ...Carrie Underwood's boobs.

And that's because they're hateful subversives who despise our country and military.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Bottom line you don't politicize a sport and that is exactly what KP has done. A sport that has traditionally brought people together is not dividing the nation. Trump might have said some tough words but I assure you many many Americans feel exactly what Trump said. You don't disrespect someone as a means to get them to hear what you are say....so KPs mechanism is completely sophomoric and misguided. Secondly, the NFL handling of the situation is terrible and will result is serious TV ratings drop.

Reactions: miketd1
I'm hearing that if the Pats are up at the end of the game next week, Brady is planning on running out the clock by putting his hand over his heart and singing the national anthem.

I'm hearing that if the Pats are up at the end of the game next week, Brady is planning on running out the clock by putting his hand over his heart and singing the national anthem.
That would immediately trigger a trick play alert in my book. I'd check to cover-2.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
Sports are supposed to be our diversion from the reality of life. Now I can't watch SportsCenter or watch a game without being told how I should think. I agree with CK's right to protest. I just think the forum he selected was wrong (and that he really didn't have a plan). I would have respected CK more if he kneeled during the actual game. Messing with patriotism just changes the focus (as we found out here).

Sports are supposed to be our diversion from the reality of life. Now I can't watch SportsCenter or watch a game without being told how I should think. I agree with CK's right to protest. I just think the forum he selected was wrong (and that he really didn't have a plan). I would have respected CK more if he kneeled during the actual game. Messing with patriotism just changes the focus (as we found out here).
Kneeling during the actual game would make him Tim Tebow.

Keeping to the subject of Obama's Administration trampling on the US Constitution during his presidency...The US Supreme Court Obama ruled that he overstepped his authority during his term as president. Also, information now available proves that his administration was corrupt. Between illegal wire tapping James Clapper, to James Comey, Susan Rice, Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch all Obama lap dogs lying under oath to the American people in Washington hearings. Not to speak of Clinton and cohort Huma Abedin. Where is the outrage?

There is no outrage because those things never happened. Maybe you are confused. Obamas's healthcare law was upheld TWICE.

Thanks though for making those claims and showing you are unhinged.

Oh and guess what, none of those people is under investigation, but 45, Flynn, Manafort, Sessions, Kush Kush, Mnuchin, Price all are. Could be because the FBI has facts and you have Breitbart talking points?

This. The faux outrage is overwhelming. Especially the faux outrage from Trump supporters, all while supporting a guy who has done... let's see... Oh, right - nothing.

Unless you count accelerating the North Korean nuclear program. He's done that pretty well.

He also put SNL ratings, and this past weekend, NFL ratings, through the roof!

Kneeling during the actual game would make him Tim Tebow.
Tebow kneeled after a score on the sidelines. Not during the action. Imagine taking a knee during a live play and stay there for a few penalties with the other players.

Sports and social justice activism have been inextricably linked at least since Jackie Robinson.

What would you think of people sitting next to you in the stands at a Rutgers game that did not stand during the national anthem? Think about that for a few seconds. I'll bet you would think they were rude and disrespectful.

During the Vietnam War I didn't stand for the national anthem. And i didn't because I knew how standing for it would make me feel about myself. I could care less what anyone else thought about it. They're entitled to their opinions and their feelings. So am I.

I'm not currently living in the states, but this anthem protest controversy has been debated long before Trump's comments. I'm not buying the argument that Trump has worked his base into a frenzy. Likely everyone on both sides of the issue had their opinions long before Trump spoke about it. And it is true,it seems millions don't agree with it. The left dismissed the voices of those feeling a different kind of disenfranchisment during the election and trump won. It seems again and again the left ignores the voices more and more by dismissing them as racist and fascists. It seems acknowledgement of your opponents views during a debate is no longer practiced. The hatred of trump blinds the left too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT