ADVERTISEMENT

OT: D-III player suspended and barred after elbow

was there blood though? If not, no foul imo
It looks like... probably? If we were able to continue the video? That was pretty violent

From what I read the kid that was fouled got up and shot his own foul shots, tough kid. The thug has been suspended from the team and barred from campus at his own school. I wonder if there are any grounds for assault if the involved parties were interested?

Reactions: dkostus and Scangg
I'm all for old school hard fouls at times. This was not a basketball play. At all. Surprised that didn't start a brawl. If someone did that to me or my teammates I would be throwing fists

Reactions: dkostus
The day before this occurred I guess he was named the conference player of the week.
He is also a criminal justice major. Ha

Kudos to the school taking the action it did. I wish more college administrators were as decisive in taking action against students whose conduct was inappropriate.

I think the part that makes me the most mad is he looks to see if the ref is looking. Its not just a nasty follow through cheap shot in the heat of the moment its a thought out plan.

at what point is it assault ?

He should be criminally charged - it was not part of the game, beyond blatant and there was intent to injure. The guy was actually lucky - had the other kid gotten injured badly (which could have easily happened) I think there would have been lawsuits and charges. Dumb kid.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT