ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Demarest

CuredbywinningRU

All American
Sep 25, 2002
Excuse this very OT thread but my son, who's on the varsity baseball team for his high school here in South Florida and who loves everything RU so much that he would love to move to NJ tomorrow, was very excited to play the Demarest HS varsity in a sort of spring break tournie in Cocoa FL this past week. Had nice things to say about the young men on that team.

Excuse this very OT thread but my son, who's on the varsity baseball team for his high school here in South Florida and who loves everything RU so much that he would love to move to NJ tomorrow, was very excited to play the Demarest HS varsity in a sort of spring break tournie in Cocoa FL this past week. Had nice things to say about the young men on that team.
NV Demarest? That's my HS alma mater. :)

Was the big-time football recruit (Ohio State?) Fuller on the Northern Valley baseball team? BTW, wasn't one of the Union City, NJ high schools named Demarest HS years ago.

Andrew Trumbetti was a recent NV Demarest grad, currently playing for ND.

You should write an email to their AD or principal! They would love to hear it. And good luck in this upcoming baseball season.

Side note - is demarest good at baseball? Anyone know? They have some sports they are solid in.

You should write an email to their AD or principal! They would love to hear it. And good luck in this upcoming baseball season.

Side note - is demarest good at baseball? Anyone know? They have some sports they are solid in.

NV Demarest plays in the Big North, They have of the more comprehensive HS league websites in NJ. You can find league inly standings and all league selection back about 5yrs for every sport. Every schools home athletic page is there as well, and all media stories. NV Demarest is a middle of the pack school. Main rivals are NV OT and Pascack valley.

http://bignorth.powermediallc.org

http://bignorth.powermediallc.org/standing-all-division/baseball/

They were a 10 seed in in NJ Section 1 Group 3, wich again represents around a 500 team. Good is relative in North Jersey, as always the Parochials pull the best talent from the the surrounding towns, so good and best will gravitate for the most part to those schools. There are some really solid publics though as well.

As you can see the usual 3 dominated the North Jersey rankings at year end.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...ball/h-s-baseball-final-top-25-poll-1.1360403

Last edited:

I don't know how good they are - my son's team won 11-6 and they're a relatively small private school but they've been playing since January with games starting in February so NV-D was at a decided disadvantage.

I don't know how good they are - my son's team won 11-6 (now 10-3 on the season) and they're a relatively small private school where baseball plays second fiddle to Lax but they've been playing since January with games starting in February so NV-D was at a decided disadvantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT