ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Donald Sutherland Passed Away

Great Actor.....will be missed.

103rr3.jpg

A lot of people remember him for Body Snatchers. I thought he was great in Ordinary People. Don't forget his cameo role as the serial arsonist in Backdraft.

RIP Donald McNichol Sutherland
The Eye of the Needle was one of the movies that shown what a great actor you were

RIP

Hot take…was never a fan.

Don’t know much about the man, hopefully he was a good dad.

Donald Sutherland as "Oddball" in Kelly's Heroes
American GI's discover a French vault with millions in gold but have to - illegally - divert from fighting the Germans in war - and instead fight through the German defense to reach the French bank. John Landis was a gopher in the filming of the movie and wanted to become a director. Sutherland promised he would be in every Landis movie until he became famous. That's why he appears in "Kentucky Fried Movie" and "Animal House."

Last edited:
Didn't we have a false death thread on him last year? Must have been Plum. He will take credit for his death!!

Didn't we have a false death thread on him last year? Must have been Plum. He will take credit for his death!!
Probably me. I prematurely killed off a couple of celebs last year, notably Bull from Night Court and Lawrence from Office Space. Bull did eventually pass away but I swear I had nothing to do with it.

First we have a post about the son of a famous father and now we have a post about the father of a famous celebrity. Stay strong Kiefer.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
Great actor with great range. My favorite performances of his were probably in M*A*SH, Klute, Ordinary People and Eye of the Needle.

First we have a post about the son of a famous father and now we have a post about the father of a famous celebrity. Stay strong Kiefer.
Kind of an odd take. While I wasn't a fan and don't know a whole lot about him, Donald did make a name for himself as an actor. Sounds like you might have a Kiefer Krush.

Kind of an odd take. While I wasn't a fan and don't know a whole lot about him, Donald did make a name for himself as an actor. Sounds like you might have a Kiefer Krush.
Oh boy. It was a joke as people complained about the son of Pete Maravich getting a death post.

Man these deaths I grew up with have my timer ticking..

I also worked for a Rutgers Prof. Dept. of Entomology Cook College named Donald Sutherland. Headley Research Labs. Late 70s - early 80s.

Man these deaths I grew up with have my timer ticking..

I also worked for a Rutgers Prof. Dept. of Entomology Cook College named Donald Sutherland. Headley Research Labs. Late 70s - early 80s.
Did he do this when you finished some work for him…

103rr3.jpg

BB1oSnlc.img

Donald Sutherland Missed Out on a Big Animal House Payday
Universal offered Sutherland $25,000 a day for two days of work or two percent of the film's gross. Presuming the movie wouldn't be a big hit (and he wasn't the only one), Sutherland took the guaranteed cash. That decision, in the end, would cost him roughly $14 million.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT