ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dylan Raiola commits to Nebraska: No. 1 QB in 2024 flips from Georgia, becomes program's highest-rated recruit

Father and Uncle are Nebraska alums and uncle is on Nebraska staff. I doubt this had anything to do with Brown.
Just a little note. His uncle, that is the OL coach at NU, didn’t play at NU. He played at Wisconsin. Just his dad played for NU. Just an FYI.

Reactions: redking
4 high schools
3 verbals

...he MIGHT last 1 season at Nebraska
That's possible for any prospective recruit these days. Unlimited transfers are probably on the horizon too.

Dante Moore just transferred to Oregon after 1 year at UCLA and Oregon got Dillon Gabriel from OU.

That's possible for any prospective recruit these days. Unlimited transfers are probably on the horizon too.

Dante Moore just transferred to Oregon after 1 year at UCLA and Oregon got Dillon Gabriel from OU.
What's up with Moore and UCLA? Did not follow his situation that closely.

And is it me, or is there a mass (or mini) exodus from Lincoln's house of cards at USC?

4 high schools
3 verbals

...he MIGHT last 1 season at Nebraska
Maybe better look at reason there were 4 high schools. Family relocation was for 2 of them. The other 2 were because of wanting to up the level of play and size of high school.
I’m not sure if it was ever said why he decomitted from OSU but he dropped Georgia due to something the staff did recently that was not part of their deal to get him to commit. It didn’t set well with the family. They are a very close bit family that is more concerned about how honest you are with them and how the people involved with the fb programs than they are with all the “modern” recruiting stuff.

And is it me, or is there a mass (or mini) exodus from Lincoln's house of cards at USC?
I think Moore originally committed to Oregon last year before he changed his mind and went to UCLA.

There are players leaving USC but there have been coaching changes on defense so that might be part of it and not getting opportunity to break the lineup might be part of it too like Malachi Nelson. From things I've read sounded like he may still be raw in their eyes. I don't know.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maybe better look at reason there were 4 high schools. Family relocation was for 2 of them. The other 2 were because of wanting to up the level of play and size of high school.
I’m not sure if it was ever said why he decomitted from OSU but he dropped Georgia due to something the staff did recently that was not part of their deal to get him to commit. It didn’t set well with the family. They are a very close bit family that is more concerned about how honest you are with them and how the people involved with the fb programs than they are with all the “modern” recruiting stuff.
Good stuff my friend; thx!

I believe that bloom may be off the Lincoln Riley rose at USC, but they have countless boosters with deep pockets that they will spend whatever it takes to remain relevant.

I think Moore originally committed to Oregon last year before he changed his mind and went to UCLA.

There are players leaving USC but there have been coaching changes on defense so that might be part of it and not getting opportunity to break the lineup might be part of it too like Malachi Nelson. From things I've read sounded like he may still be raw in their eyes. I don't know.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/domani-jackson-departure-occurs-donte- 182021239.html
If you are a defensive player leaving USC then you must be looking to go to a FCS. USC defense was 120th in defensive scoring, i.e. they sucked.

There is something off, and more importantly off-putting about Lincoln Riley. He had his success in the Big 12, but not so much at USC. Tough place to win? Is he doing it wrong? Maybe he has to unlearn his Big 12 ways and thoughts that only offense matters. I posted a thread yesterday where Kirk Ferentz was throwing shade at Lincoln. Kirk is the antithesis of Lincoln, but to a ridiculous extreme. I see you are the only one who answered my thread, and thanks for that my co-AD brother!

I'm not saying Kirk's way is the only way, but it is an interesting juxtaposition of which way is "better." I see you posted that Lincoln has a better winning percentages, to that I would say pfffffffffffffffffffffft in the Big 12--no offense, oh way, no defense!!!!!

I have to read the rest of the Lincoln Riley article. He never did anything to me, but he just seems like a guy who does not hold himself accountable? Maybe I'm misreading him. He's no Mike Leach! (we just passed the 1 year anniversary of his passing. 😥)

I believe that bloom may be off the Lincoln Riley rose at USC, but they have countless boosters with deep pockets that they will spend whatever it takes to remain relevant.
USC always has talent. The problem when they don't win is coaching. Riley is an offensive genius. The problem with his teams at Oklahoma was defense, much like it is at USC. The question is how many 63-56 shootouts does he have to be on the short end of before he gets fired.

Wanted to make a second post for emphasis of a few points. I have long not been impressed with star rankings or recruit ratings, especially so at Rutgers. Time and time again, we see highly rated players not live up to their ratings. Does not mean Rutgers should not recruit 4 and 5 star talent--of course not. But fit into the program is important.

From the article:

"The Trojans landed high-profile defensive prospects during the 2021 cycle — Clay Helton’s last class — but those players have not come close to living up to their rankings.. . . . .“It was like a bunch of mercenaries, just trying to get their own stats,” a Pac-12 head coach said. “They were all over the place. You’d toss it outside, and you’d see their guys going all over the place, so undisciplined. It was unbelievable. You had no idea what they were trying to get done.”

Seems like a coaching and development issue. Coaches got to coach and getting each unit to play cohesively.

“The thing I found most troublesome is they kind of got everybody they wanted, defensively, out of the portal last year, and most of those guys (didn’t make an impact), with the exception of Bear Alexander,” a longtime donor and alum said.

As the article notes, seems like there is a major culture issue at USC. Maybe Lincoln is out of his element.

If you can access it, read the article in The Athletic on USC posted above by @rutgersguy1 . I normally don't pay for subscriptions to sports stuff because I'm cheap and I get my fill with free stuff, but I cracked open my wallet on a special for the The Athletic at $1/month, and their content is superb. I quoted some snippets.

It seems from past posts you are not a fan of Greg, and whether you think it or not, I am not part of the cult. But something that is surely lacking at USC that is not lacking at Rutgers is culture. Now, if we could find a coach who could install Greg's culture and Lincoln Reilly's offensive prowess, Rutgers would be in the CFP. Or maybe not.

Wanted to make a second post for emphasis of a few points. I have long not been impressed with star rankings or recruit ratings, especially so at Rutgers. Time and time again, we see highly rated players not live up to their ratings. Does not mean Rutgers should not recruit 4 and 5 star talent--of course not. But fit into the program is important.

From the article:

"The Trojans landed high-profile defensive prospects during the 2021 cycle — Clay Helton’s last class — but those players have not come close to living up to their rankings.. . . . .“It was like a bunch of mercenaries, just trying to get their own stats,” a Pac-12 head coach said. “They were all over the place. You’d toss it outside, and you’d see their guys going all over the place, so undisciplined. It was unbelievable. You had no idea what they were trying to get done.”

Seems like a coaching and development issue. Coaches got to coach and getting each unit to play cohesively.

“The thing I found most troublesome is they kind of got everybody they wanted, defensively, out of the portal last year, and most of those guys (didn’t make an impact), with the exception of Bear Alexander,” a longtime donor and alum said.

As the article notes, seems like there is a major culture issue at USC. Maybe Lincoln is out of his element.

From the article:

Building a championship roster has 3 components when it comes to talent: evaluation, acquisition, and development. A lot of attention is paid to the first 2 components. The one that's overlooked is the last one. Programs with strong player development cultures are the ones that turn highly rated recruiting classes into championship level production on the field.

Building a championship roster has 3 components when it comes to talent: evaluation, acquisition, and development. A lot of attention is paid to the first 2 components. The one that's overlooked is the last one. Programs with strong player development cultures are the ones that turn highly rated recruiting classes into championship level production on the field.
Alabama is "pretty good" at all three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT