ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ESPN Cheated To Get Emmys

ashokan

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2011
This is kinda funny considering how ESPN people were dogging Michigan all season

"Stars such as Lee Corso (fake name: “Lee Clark”), Kirk Herbstreit (“Kirk Henry”), Chris Fowler (“Chris Fulton”), Desmond Howard (“Dirk Howard”), Tom Rinaldi (“Tim Richard”) and Samantha Ponder (“Steven Ponder”) were among those to receive the ill-gotten Emmys.

The report additionally suggests Erin Andrews might have received an Emmy through the scheme (“Erik Andrews” was the name on the credit list), and highlights a photo of “SportsCenter” anchor Linda Cohn showing off Emmy statuettes that she would have been ineligible to receive.

Why go to these lengths, though?

“You have to remember that those personalities are so important, and they have egos,” a person involved in the ESPN Emmy submission process in recent years told The Athletic. The report noted “there was no evidence” the on-air talent was in on the scheme or aware the Emmys were obtained through subterfuge."

So hold on, people like Andrews and Herbstreit and Corso just thought they won and had no idea that someone(s) at the network were submitting false names and then re-engraving the statues?

Wouldn't someone check the actual winning names on the internet or something?

The show won actually did win he Emmy. But the on air talent couldn't get a stature for the show. Only producers and such.
Think of a movie - Tom Hanks doesn't get credit or a statue for Forrest Gump winning Best Picture. He only gets credit for individual "Best Actor".

So Emmys sent award statutes to ESPN - one for each "producer".

But ESPN wanted to give the talent a trophy so they made up fake producer names just to get the trophy. Then changed the engraving.

This is kinda funny considering how ESPN people were dogging Michigan all season

"Stars such as Lee Corso (fake name: “Lee Clark”), Kirk Herbstreit (“Kirk Henry”), Chris Fowler (“Chris Fulton”), Desmond Howard (“Dirk Howard”), Tom Rinaldi (“Tim Richard”) and Samantha Ponder (“Steven Ponder”) were among those to receive the ill-gotten Emmys.

The report additionally suggests Erin Andrews might have received an Emmy through the scheme (“Erik Andrews” was the name on the credit list), and highlights a photo of “SportsCenter” anchor Linda Cohn showing off Emmy statuettes that she would have been ineligible to receive.

Why go to these lengths, though?

“You have to remember that those personalities are so important, and they have egos,” a person involved in the ESPN Emmy submission process in recent years told The Athletic. The report noted “there was no evidence” the on-air talent was in on the scheme or aware the Emmys were obtained through subterfuge."

They made Samantha a Steven…how DEI of them even back then…they’ve been way ahead of the “revolutionary” pronouns curve for years, haven’t they! 🤭🤣

At least the b1g did no sell its soul to that mess like the SEC did…

The show won actually did win he Emmy. But the on air talent couldn't get a stature for the show. Only producers and such.
Think of a movie - Tom Hanks doesn't get credit or a statue for Forrest Gump winning Best Picture. He only gets credit for individual "Best Actor".

So Emmys sent award statutes to ESPN - one for each "producer".

But ESPN wanted to give the talent a trophy so they made up fake producer names just to get the trophy. Then changed the engraving.
Couldn’t espn just made statues for them anyway as recognition ? There was no need to make fake entries

Couldn’t espn just made statues for them anyway as recognition ? There was no need to make fake entries

That was my thought reading the article.
Give them a trophy or something.
I doubt the on screen personality would care.

They can still say "My show won an Emmy" instead of "I won an Emmy."
Or even just say "I won an Emmy." And if anyone questioned it just clarify "Well the show I was on did."

Reactions: Plum Street
Cranky, bitter Libs support gender confused Disney, and their bitch…ESPN

See how that works?

Maybe some of us dont give a shit about politics and are simply sick of their pandering & corruption
LOL Damn.

With the quality of people at ESPN now, they'd have to cheat to even win that lame-ass award.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT