Status
Not open for further replies.

RU_DIO

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2002
Jersey Shore
So,

A good friend yesterday posted a meme on Facebook which told us about the mysterious Corona Virus.

Examples: The mysterious corona virus will spread at local mom and pop shops, but Not at Home Depot. People can protest hand in hand because it won't spread at rallies but it will spread at churches. Supermarkets with people in close quarters with each other are ok but playing baseball outside is dangerous. Anyway, this post was banned from Facebook. WTF is going on in this country between doctors and scientists videos being banned on YouTube and non racist and non violent Facebook memes getting censored. I didn't know we lived in China or the old Soviet Union. This is a disgusting time we are living in.

Ideological Conformity

That's what the Thought Police on the left want.

If you show dissent or a difference of opinion from the mob, you must be silenced or worse

Countless examples lately

the NY Times, FB/IG/Twitter, people being fired, Philadelphia Inquirer , Drew Knees, etc.

Keep an eye on this stuff, it's against our basic principles

for those who treasure free speech, make sure you vote this November

It's easy to disguinish which side is pro-censorship, even on this board.

Last edited:
they don't like dissenting views over there............

......like here.

not that we have a right to anything.... we didn't build it.....

1933-may-10-berlin-book-burning.JPG

Reactions: leftoright
So,

A good friend yesterday posted a meme on Facebook which told us about the mysterious Corona Virus.

Examples: The mysterious corona virus will spread at local mom and pop shops, but Not at Home Depot. People can protest hand in hand because it won't spread at rallies but it will spread at churches. Supermarkets with people in close quarters with each other are ok but playing baseball outside is dangerous. Anyway, this post was banned from Facebook. WTF is going on in this country between doctors and scientists videos being banned on YouTube and non racist and non violent Facebook memes getting censored. I didn't know we lived in China or the old Soviet Union. This is a disgusting time we are living in.

its terrible that social media platforms would try to arbitrarily decide what is and isnt truth....and they pick and choose certain things while allowing other things..usual stuff on the left to fester even if they are bold face untruths.

Im pretty sure that they are not banning Trump as an agent of Russia memes and posts which never had an ounce or shred of truth

its terrible that social media platforms would try to arbitrarily decide what is and isnt truth....and they pick and choose certain things while allowing other things..usual stuff on the left to fester even if they are bold face untruths.

Im pretty sure that they are not banning Trump as an agent of Russia memes and posts which never had an ounce or shred of truth

Add Google to the list

Google searches are heavily manipulated.

The left is very passionate about freedom of speech unless you disagree with them... Then they want to silence you.

The vintage example of this was the Drew Brees debacle... Athletes want to be able to kneel for the national anthem because they want to be allowed to voice their opinion. Drew Brews disagreed with them, and instantly became public enemy number one, because they were offended that he voiced his opinion.

Luckily they can't silence anybody for one night every 4 years, which is all that matters.

A few years ago, there was a local Rabbi who complained that Facebook was being anti-Semitic because his essay/post was deleted. Many responding posters ran with the narrative.

I can be such an A-hole sometimes. I pointed out that the post was deleted because the writer included the idiom "chink in the armor". At the time, the Facebook algorithm could not differentiate between the idiom and the word.

No one likes their narrative busted.

Perhaps there was something else within the post that resulted in its deletion.

A few years ago, there was a local Rabbi who complained that Facebook was being anti-Semitic because his essay/post was deleted. Many responding posters ran with the narrative.

I can be such an A-hole sometimes. I pointed out that the post was deleted because the writer included the idiom "chink in the armor". At the time, the Facebook algorithm could not differentiate between the idiom and the word.

No one likes their narrative busted.

Perhaps there was something else within the post that resulted in its deletion.

That story is an outlier

Arbritrary censorship is now the norm with the Tech giants

Not directed at you, but i'm shocked that anyone here would be ok with it.

Really. Dumb. Response.

No. It's entirely the correct response. What you and so many others fail to realize is that social media platforms don't have to guarantee free expression, in any way. You don't have 1st Amendment rights on a web site - unless it's YOUR web site. Complaining about what Facebook does or doesn't delete is just plain pissin' into the wind. Your legal remedy, as with all businesses, is to simply not use the product. Fundamental capitalism. If enough people decide that Facebook's policies suck and stop using Facebook, then an alternative will present itself in short order.

The left is very passionate about freedom of speech unless you disagree with them... Then they want to silence you.

The vintage example of this was the Drew Brees debacle... Athletes want to be able to kneel for the national anthem because they want to be allowed to voice their opinion. Drew Brews disagreed with them, and instantly became public enemy number one, because they were offended that he voiced his opinion.

Luckily they can't silence anybody for one night every 4 years, which is all that matters.
Facebook does not offer freedom of speech

No. It's entirely the correct response. What you and so many others fail to realize is that social media platforms don't have to guarantee free expression, in any way. You don't have 1st Amendment rights on a web site - unless it's YOUR web site. Complaining about what Facebook does or doesn't delete is just plain pissin' into the wind. Your legal remedy, as with all businesses, is to simply not use the product. Fundamental capitalism. If enough people decide that Facebook's policies suck and stop using Facebook, then an alternative will present itself in short order.

Im not saying I agree or disagree with Facebook's policies/ practices/ ideologies, but I was having this same discussion with someone the other week and said, "freedom of speech doesn't mean I can walk into your living room to say whatever I want to say."

Joe P.

Im not saying I agree or disagree with Facebook's policies/ practices/ ideologies, but I was having this same discussion with someone the other week and said, "freedom of speech doesn't mean I can walk into your living room to say whatever I want to say."

Joe P.

At least, not without getting a tire iron to the head.

I mean, this is New Jersey, right?

Oh I know it's a privately owned company and they can do what they want. But it's pretty scary times when such huge media platforms like Facebook and YouTube censor these types of things because their platforms are used by so many people.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Oh I know it's a privately owned company and they can do what they want. But it's pretty scary times when such huge media platforms like Facebook and YouTube censor these types of things because their platforms are used by so many people.

But again - the solution is to innovate, not complain. If I really cared about Facebook (I don't, I think it's a train wreck in a thousand different ways and that's before we even begin to have a data privacy conversation) and I was nonplussed over their content management policies, I'd be inclined to line up some investors and reinvent the wheel. It'll happen.

Always remember one thing about Facebook - it was created for no reason other than so that three dorky comp sci guys at Harvard could increase their chances of getting laid from zero to zero + X.

yes they do its not black and white and hence Trump's order

*IN*

the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds...I personally can not wait for the presidential debates...it is going to be insane! If you think Trump can be brutal, crass and viscious, wait until he goes hard after uncle pervy!

*IN*

the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds...I personally can not wait for the presidential debates...it is going to be insane! If you think Trump can be brutal, crass and viscious, wait until he goes hard after uncle pervy!
Trump is going to absolutely slaughter Biden in the debates to the point where I might even feel bad for Biden. Joe won't have his wife with him to tap him while he starts to fall asleep.

I still, as of right now SLIGHTLY lean towards predicting a Biden victory in November.

Trump is going to absolutely slaughter Biden in the debates to the point where I might even feel bad for Biden. Joe won't have his wife with him to tap him while he starts to fall asleep.

I still, as of right now SLIGHTLY lean towards predicting a Biden victory in November.

I disagree, but let's stay closer to the topic so the thread doesn't get locked

Reactions: Spare130

If this rapidly fracturing and crumbling “union” elects that puppet...we DESERVE all the bad crap that will inevitably follow...and it will make the cluster that was obummer seem functional!

Reactions: Spare130
The supporters of this type of "diversity" tend to be the most intolerant of the "diversity of thought". They are absolutely no different than the far right.

This debate started, not as a debate at all. Over 90 pct was united in the horror of George Floyd's murder and the need for justice. The debate was hijacked by power grabbing political groups. A crisis is a ripe environment for ideological pols seeking control. Remember Iraq?

Ideological Conformity

That's what the Thought Police on the left want.

If you show dissent or a difference of opinion from the mob, you must be silenced or worse

Countless examples lately

the NY Times, FB/IG/Twitter, people being fired, Philadelphia Inquirer , Drew Knees, etc.

Keep an eye on this stuff, it's against our basic principles

for those who treasure free speech, make sure you vote this November

It's easy to disguinish which side is pro-censorship, even on this board.
This isn't about left or right!! This is stopping the complete BS that is spread on Facebook! Facebook wasn't created to push fake political views. It not censorship. It's an overdue inforcement that was long ignored. You want to post complete BS start your own blog!

So,

giphy.gif

This isn't about left or right!! This is stopping the complete BS that is spread on Facebook! Facebook wasn't created to push fake political views. It not censorship. It's an overdue inforcement that was long ignored. You want to post complete BS start your own blog!

The issue is that its not enforced equally

Reactions: MadRU and czxqa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT