ADVERTISEMENT

OT: former QB prospect to Transfer from LSU

vkj91

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
people were high on him at one point here

LSU QB Lindsey Scott plans to transfer

After being named Gatorade Louisiana Football Player of the Year in 2015, many Tiger fans hoped Lindsey Scott could solve LSU’s issues at the quarterback position. After sitting out the 2016 season with a redshirt, Scott has decided against living up to those expectations heading into 2017.

Rated as a three-star recruit in the 2016 recruiting cycle, Scott saw the competition under center in Baton Rouge heat up last spring following the early enrollee of Lowell Narcisse and the fall addition of true freshman Myles Brennan. LSU coach Ed Orgeron has been very vocal regarding his praise of Brennan during fall camp, which suggests the freshman may have been moving up the depth chart in Baton Rouge.

Monday morning Scott announced his decision to transfer from LSU via Twitter:

pic.twitter.com/aepM1QBsCX

— Lindsey Scott, Jr. (@_lj18_) August 14, 2017

I remember a lot of drama around him when he was committed to Syracuse and Babers didn't try to hold on to him until it was too late.

He is 5' 11" ... and ....3-stars makes it a challenge to get a program to eagerly embrace you - even if they like you - they will always have an eye out for a guy 5-6 inches taller -

which kind of make it a huge long-shot to take the college football world by storm - not impossible - but a real long shot -

maybe if he was 5' 11" and had demonstrated to the evaluators that he should be seen as an amazingly magical 5 star / 4 star - yes Russel Wilson was a 5' 11" & 3-star - but the challenging route that he had to take only supports the matter.

or - maybe if he was 6' 4" and seen as a strong 3 star

Mind you, I didn't realize just how bad Oden was at throwing the ball, but I wanted 6'4 and athletic over 5'11 and athletic every day of the week. Tyrrell Pigrome was that same 5'11.

There must be something in the Baton Rouge water that turns highly rated QB recruits into overrated shit.

It’s 2022 and I am bumping this thread because Lindsey Scott Jr. will still be playing in college this year - his fifth college. UIW.

The ol' LSU -> EMCC -> Missouri -> Nicholls -> Incarnate Word pipeline

Gotta wonder if there is an alternate universe in which he chose Rutgers and he and Ash turned the program around.

Blast from past.

-e07c10833467011d.jpg

He looked really young in the other pictures in the story below.

That's just weird: Mehringer isn't crying in that picture.

Saw this tweet earlier but didn’t know where to put it but since this has popped up.

This player left lsu and made the tweet in your post in 2017.

I see - I expected this post was new as its not my practice to check if posts are from 2017 (and about LSU recruits no less). In any case I'm glad the player from last decade isn't stuck with Kelly

Famous play at the world's largest cocktail party...isn't that coming up again this weekend?
I think so...

And when reading this thread on my iPhone SE (the small one) without my glasses on, THAT's the LindsAy Scott I thought we were talking about. LOL

Last edited:
Bert Jones was one of my favorites with the Colts. If he didn't have that throwing shoulder separated several times who knows how many records he's have set. Cannon of an arm.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT