ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GIRLS softball - headhunting

Knightmoves

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Does anyone think this catcher was not intentionally throwing at the heads of opposing batters? Multiple incidents caught on video.

No remorse from the scrappy receiver.

Hard to tell from those videos. I played softball in college. You have every right to stand in the batters box, but if the catcher is throwing down to third, if you do have to make an attempt to get out of the way.

What that was intentional no one was going to third and the third baseman was not even covering the bag. That was blatant and the coach should be suspended as it is obviously something that is coached.

catcher needs to be removed, no way is that not intentional and if it's not, the catcher's actions make no positive effect on the outcome of the game for her team.

that said, my niece was one of the most recruited outfielders for her class turning down every single pac12 school and Michigan (among others from BIG) and I went to many of her games and those girls are fking nasty as hell! Far meaner than anything I ever encountered on the diamond.

Those throws were going nowhere near third base if they didn't hit heads. 4x in a month isn't an accident. That girl could have at least threw it crouched or step forward like a normal catcher. She threw three foot darts at head level.

Those throws were going nowhere near third base if they didn't hit heads. 4x in a month isn't an accident. That girl could have at least threw it crouched or step forward like a normal catcher. She threw three foot darts at head level.
How about the Umpire standing there and doing nothing after witnessing multiple head shots from the catcher?

How about the Umpire standing there and doing nothing after witnessing multiple head shots from the catcher?
yup but that is up to the coaches to stop the game, talk to the umpire. if nothing happens, you go higher after game. the other coach needs to be made aware of the rule that if a player intentionally hurts someone else, the coach could be help personally liable. I recently stopped a game due to horrible behind the plate umpire and made him switch with field blue. Helps to know the guy real well (RU connection) that assigns the umps and teams for tourney play for each tourney for NJ largest org:):)

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Simple solution steamroll her ass
Or
Back up all the way in the box as close to plate as possible and swing like Javy Baez wearing a Mets jersey

I think they need a "red flag" law for her.. take away her weapons.. in this case, her right arm.

I'd also like to know if she ever came close to getting the runner on third with a throw.. I mean.. EVER.

Why was she throwing down to 3rd base?? No steal in progress and in the other one, the bases were loaded and the runner was basically standing on the bag and the 3rd baseman wasn't even looking for the ball.
So obvious she was meaning to hit the batter

I'd like to see how her parents act at these games. Something tells me her parents (or at least her dad) is one of those neanderthal parents who yell and scream at umps, etc.

I'd like to see how her parents act at these games. Something tells me her parents (or at least her dad) is one of those neanderthal parents who yell and scream at umps, etc.
Probably also yells and taunts the kids on the other team.

100% intentional. The team did it multiple times and if you listen to the audio the parents of the fielding team are yelling batters out for being out of the box. The plan worked multiple times already and HS softball umpires are terrible.
The coach and catcher are now under investigation. The coach is also the AD and football coach. If he’s pulling this crap in softball, what is he telling his football players.

Simple solution steamroll her ass
Or
Back up all the way in the box as close to plate as possible and swing like Javy Baez wearing a Mets jersey
Nah, the appropriate response would be to take a practice swing but turn completely towards her before swinging. She's wearing a helmet shouldn't hurt much if there's contact. 😁

There was a ruling: probation for team and coach.

Recommend to read article if interested in being more disturbed by what occurred. There were many instances throughout the season and Coach testified to being oblivious to bad intent:

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
There was a ruling: probation for team and coach.

Recommend to read article if interested in being more disturbed by what occurred. There were many instances throughout the season and Coach testified to being oblivious to bad intent:
It Texas so of course nothing going to happen to the football coach. If this was just a softball coach there might be actual consequences.

It Texas so of course nothing going to happen to the football coach. If this was just a softball coach there might be actual consequences.
Depends if he is a good football coach or not. I'd venture that every coach, even if good, has haters that would jump on any excuse... *nudge*, *wink*.

And Scranton. I remember the song, "hayna, hayna, hayna, hayna, we're from Scranton pennsahaynya".
I don’t know that one. I spent a lot of time in Alden/Nanticoke as a kid. Mom was from there. I saw a NJ license plate this winter that read “hayna”. I nearly drove off the road.

Unbeknownst to just about the entire world. I always assumed it was "henna"...is it really spelled hayna? Ever hear of Bartels Brewery in WB back in the day?
I never saw the spelling until the license plate. I think you can spell it however you like! And maybe sometimes the pronunciation is “henna”?

hayna is preferred. It is a truncated version of "ain't it?". If you listen carefully you can sometimes hear it as "ayna"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT