ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Good Chat with Iowa Women's Soccer HC.

SantaFeScarlet

All American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
I'm in StL bringing our son to St Louis University (SLU) and the Iowa women's soccer team is staying at our hotel. They played SLU today and won 1-0. My son and I are in the car right next to their bus as the girls are getting their stuff loaded up to head to the match and a gentleman walks over with an Iowa soccer shirt and he and I start chatting and he happens to be their head coach who was a super nice guy. He was extremely complimentary of Rutgers women's soccer, Rutgers Athletics and the University in general. We chatted for 5 minutes or so and talked about Texas and Oklahoma heading to the SEC and we agreed that the remaining Big 12 schools are screwed. When I brought up the new B1G Commissioner vs Delaney he was non-committal and I understand that. But overall super nice guy and when I said good luck this season except against are RU and SLU he had a big smile on his face and said 'I understand'. I also chatted with a couple of his players and Iowa Women's Soccer represents their university and the B1G very well. An all around class act from my experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT