OT: Gratitude for Our Veterans

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
I just received the following e-mail from President Holloway:

November 11, 2021

Members of the Rutgers Community:

On behalf of Rutgers and on my own behalf as the proud son of a U.S. Air Force veteran, I want to wish the very best to all our Rutgers students, staff, faculty, and alumni who have served in the armed forces as we observe Veterans Day 2021.

Today we take time to salute you for your service and sacrifice, and as an institution of higher learning, we strive to honor that commitment throughout the year by providing programs and services to assist our active-duty, National Guard, reserve service members, and veteran students in pursuing a Rutgers education.

It is gratifying to know that Rutgers continues to rank among the very best universities in the nation for veterans and military service members—No. 4 this year in Military Times—and to learn that Rutgers University–Camden is being honored today by Governor Phil Murphy with the Governor’s “We Value Our Veterans” Award, a well-deserved honor.

For more information about our programs and services, visit our Veterans at Rutgers page. I also recommend you read a Rutgers Today feature story on the director of our Office of Veteran and Military Programs and Services, Ann Treadaway, who is herself a veteran.

To all in our Rutgers community who have served or who are currently serving, I offer my admiration and my enduring gratitude.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Holloway
President and University Professor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT