ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greg Kihn, R.I.P. and Jack Russell

R.I.P. Greg Kihn. He was 75.... gessh, where does the time go? A couple of very memorable songs.

Don't forget he made a cameo at the end of Weird Al Yankovic's version of "Our Love's in Jeopardy" with "I Lost on Jeopardy."

If SetlistFM is correct, last show was in December 2019. Little known fact about Greg Kihn, from Wikipedia:

Kihn has written four horror fiction novels, beginning with Horror Show (1996), which was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel, followed by Shade of Pale (1997).[9] Big Rock Beat and Mojo Hand were released as sequels to Horror Show.

He released Carved in Rock: Short Stories by Musicians, a collection of short stories written by him and other well-known rock musicians including Pete Townshend, Graham Parker, Joan Jett, and Ray Davies. In 2013, Kihn released Rubber Soul, a murder mystery novel featuring the Beatles.

His highest ranking song was Jeopardy (which earned a Weird Al parody) but most people know the Breakup Song.

Looks like Val Kilmer - which is saying something since Val doesn't look like Val Anymore

UC1Tp9b.jpeg

Last edited:
Jack Russell of Great White passed away today at the age of 63:

Reactions: TM94goRU

I saw Great White at Birch Hill in Old Bridge a couple times with Russell.

He led a checkered life, to say the least.

R.I.P.

May he RIP, but he and his band will always be remembered for his boneheaded move that led to The Station Fire in Rhode Island, killing 100 people and injuring 230. Lit off pyrotechnics when their contract rider did not mention pyrotechnics.

May he RIP, but he and his band will always be remembered for his boneheaded move that led to The Station Fire in Rhode Island, killing 100 people and injuring 230. Lit off pyrotechnics when their contract rider did not mention pyrotechnics.

That was horrible. I can't even think about what those people went through in that place.

That was horrible. I can't even think about what those people went through in that place.
The tour manager took the fall for the band, and he said he was devastated. Sentenced to 15 years, but did only 2 years in prison. Normally, would not comment in a RIP thread, but the entire band's actions were really stupid and harmed a lot of people. Whenever we go to a club show, we stand close to an exit.

Reactions: TM94goRU
RIP to both. Greg Kiln had the dreaded 2 hits in the early 80's. While Jack Russell's biggest hit was a remake, "Once Bitten, Twice Shy."

Little known surprising fact about Jack Russell, he holds the record for his genre ( hard rock@metal)for getting arrested.

Please let there be a Rock-N-Roll Heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT