ADVERTISEMENT

OT - how to buy a used car in this day and age

I know a few people have had good success buying a car from a car rental place - they usually turnover their cars every 2 years I believe.
Thanks "DJ", I know I've read a few good reviews regarding the major rental companies selling their basic family sedans after a couple of years for square prices.

Last edited:
OMG...NO!!!

Do you know what many rental car drivers DO to those cars/engines? Hint...they don't treat/drive them like their own.

Last place, even over a used car (most from private owners) dealerships, would ever consider buying a car from a rental car company for a car that had hundreds of different drivers, NONE which ever owned the vehicle (i.e. most do things in a rental car that they wouldn't do with their own car).

Hi there. I will go ahead and add some actual facts here seeing as I have worked for Enterprise Rental for 10 years and have some intimate knowledge of the subject

We turn over approximately 350K vehicles a year. We are, in fact, the largest car dealership in the country. Now, if you want to avoid dealerships, by all means, don't come to any of our dealers. With that said, if you are going to use a dealer, buy directly from us. We keep the best vehicles, often coming from our fleet division (so they have had only 1 driver), and sell them ourselves. They have had no major issues, and you can guarantee we get Maintence done more routinely and timely than most owners.

What do we do all the rest of the cars you might ask? Well, we auction them off where they are bought by dealers, who then sell them as used at the dealer.

I recommend heading down to our new dealer on Route 46 in Elmwood Park

Hi there. I will go ahead and add some actual facts here seeing as I have worked for Enterprise Rental for 10 years and have some intimate knowledge of the subject

We turn over approximately 350K vehicles a year. We are, in fact, the largest car dealership in the country. Now, if you want to avoid dealerships, by all means, don't come to any of our dealers. With that said, if you are going to use a dealer, buy directly from us. We keep the best vehicles, often coming from our fleet division (so they have had only 1 driver), and sell them ourselves. They have had no major issues, and you can guarantee we get Maintence done more routinely and timely than most owners.

What do we do all the rest of the cars you might ask? Well, we auction them off where they are bought by dealers, who then sell them as used at the dealer.

Interesting info. Thanks for posting.

ENTERPRISE! We love Enterprise! Never bought a car from them but I won't rent from anybody else. Friendly, courteous, great service. Don't know how they do it, but never had a bad experience, whereas with other rentals, rarely had a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT