ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'm going to miss Francessa

A buddy text earlier "you listening to Francessa's last show?"....my end:

giphy.gif

huh??? --he's over with and who really cares about any tv or radio host ---another steps in who may be less of an ahole

He said something to the effect he can't talk about his plans due to an agreement with WFAN. That says to me he's staying in broadcasting.

The ONE thing I'm truly interested in hearing him talk about is Craig Carton. He couldn't stand him, to begin with, but was muted by management and wouldn't talk about the subject at the time.

Reactions: tico brown
This. I've heard him say several times say things like "well neva say neva" and/or "you neva know" or "foreva is a long time" type of things. He loves himself way too much to stay off the air.
He never said he was staying off the air. He has said for months that he was leaving WFAN but not retiring.

And I don't get why people pretend that nobody cares. He has dominated the ratings for 2 decades. Somebody had to be listening.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Whether you like him or not, Francessa was a pioneer who created the "Sports Radio" Media Niche. I liked Francessa; didn't listen to him often but he was as knowledgebale as they come.

I also heard him state that he was actually offered a Broadcasting gig with the Mets under the Frank Cashen era - and Francessa said the offer was quite lucrative.

That would have been interesting.

I will miss Mike on WFAN. Hope I can pick him up online in the future.

BTW, what is the over/under before listeners get sick of Bart Scott as an ex player who was never likable as a NY Jet player on air ?

It's going to be different, not hearing his voice during the afternoon drive.

he is truly a legend. even more truly ..he is a legend in his own mind. I always listen to him but would have liked to smack him at the same time. he knew a lot about the things he knew a lot about. he did not know the stuff that he pretended to know, and that's where things got really obnoxious.
it's going to be interesting to see where he ends up because he does think so much of himself. I look forward to seeing him fall flat on his face and learn some humility.:D

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Will miss him like a wart on my Peter. Front runner of front runners. Once heard him diss the incomparable Short Al from Brooklyn. Mean spirited. Loved when long ago caller Eli (from Westchester) gave him angina.

Last edited:
We do it better on here. And if you want to say he had something to do with this, fine.

But for me personally I’d rather hear from somebody who’s actually been there, done that then listen to somebody talk about somebody who’s been there.

I never understood the draw.

Reactions: brodo
He's allegedly going to do his Football Picks on Bill Simmons podcast until his Non-Compete Clause expires after 90 or so days.

He'll end up somewhere, I don't see him doing 5 days a week, he'll definitely be a T-W-F schedule, and no where near the 5 1/2 hours he usually did.

I think he'll end up getting a home radio studio set up, because he said he hated the 2 hour commute each way.

I also can see him maybe once or twice doing a show with Doggy on Sirius XM

Will miss him like a wart on my Peter. Front runner of front runners. Once heard him diss the incomparable Short Al from Brooklyn. Mean spirited. Loved when long ago caller Eli (from Westchester) gave him angina.
Couldn’t agree more. Arrogant blowhard ahole.

Reactions: RU Golfer
Never has one been so wrong so often, whether predictions or straight-up facts, yet made millions and millions being a complete douche bag to those who even attempted to call him out - with proof/facts to back themselves up - in the history of anything.

"I neva said that...no I didn't...you're making things up I neva, eva said that" click...

Good for him, he helped to create something we all love, but a 1st class blowhard douche bag if there ever was one for sure!

Last edited:
Love mike. Guy is numbah 1.

The king of kings. Sports in NY won’t be the same without him.

You know if there was a big story the day before you had to listening at 1:05 for his open.

His closing monologue today was fantastic as well.

He has been horrible for years.Maybe he knew some things about college sports 30 years ago but very little evidence of it. I turned off the station over 10 years ago.Plenty of alternatives 97.5 94.1 97.3 98.7 and all the XM Sirius stations.

Phil, the later was repeated ln an interview in the "New York Post" today.

Whether you like him or not, Francessa was a pioneer who created the "Sports Radio" Media Niche. I liked Francessa; didn't listen to him often but he was as knowledgebale as they come.

I also heard him state that he was actually offered a Broadcasting gig with the Mets under the Frank Cashen era - and Francessa said the offer was quite lucrative.

That would have been interesting.
e

What is he going to do now? I hope he starts a podcast so we can still get his amazing sports insight.
He is hated since he is so good at what he does.

Reactions: RU_Planning
My fondest Francessa moment was when he was being abused by Rutgers Fans when he was set up in front of the North Ned Zone the night f the Louisville Game.

Other than that he was a annoying loudmouth.

Reactions: RU Golfer
He has been horrible for years.Maybe he knew some things about college sports 30 years ago but very little evidence of it. I turned off the station over 10 years ago.Plenty of alternatives 97.5 94.1 97.3 98.7 and all the XM Sirius stations.
Current staff at XM Sirius college sports channel are nobody-know-nothing cheerleaders and sycophants.

Reactions: RU_Planning
He's allegedly going to do his Football Picks on Bill Simmons podcast until his Non-Compete Clause expires after 90 or so days.

He'll end up somewhere, I don't see him doing 5 days a week, he'll definitely be a T-W-F schedule, and no where near the 5 1/2 hours he usually did.

I think he'll end up getting a home radio studio set up, because he said he hated the 2 hour commute each way.

I also can see him maybe once or twice doing a show with Doggy on Sirius XM

I thought he already had a home studio. Didn't he do his Sunday NFL show from home?

Tell us more about the warts on your Peter. Sounds like that was not Mike’s fault, ha!

Lets see how the 3 folks who replaced Mike does.

Something tells me that ratings will drop. Bart Scott? Yikes! I already dislike him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT