ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Just had an earthquake

You are once again missing the point...We are living in NJ, not Cali, Japan, Mexico etc...So, there are very few people with experience with big earthquakes and this will most likely the biggest they ever experience in their lifetime.

And we all know that in the grand scheme of things- it really wasn't a big deal but for those that have never experienced it- let us f-ing talk about it in any way we want to talk about it in our own experience.
Yeah, I don’t really many people freaking out about the quake. I do see a handful of obnoxious posters freaking out about people discussing the quake.

Well there was a guy who posted that he thought it was a NUCLEAR BOMB … you defending this shows you should check your panties.

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
Well there was a guy who posted that he thought it was a NUCLEAR BOMB … you defending this shows you should check your panties.
Obsess much? As for me, I was at work, went right back to a phone conversation I was having with a colleague about a project and kept working. Seems to me the only one who has his panties in a wad and needs to check them or untangle them is you. 😁

There’s also guys posting this was just a minor rumble. Both are way off…

But one was immediate and the other is still saying this 6 hours after the fact.
The difference is that one guy was just posting the crazy thought that came into his head when it was happening even though he knew it was crazy and the other guys are trying to act like it was just another day and not a big deal for NJ folk that have never been in an EQ before.
I lean toward laughing "with" the former and laughing "at" the latter. lol

Last edited:
The difference is that one guy was just posting the crazy thought that came into his head when it was happening even though he knew it was crazy and the other guys are trying to act like it was just another day and not a big deal for J folk that have never been in an EQ before.
I lean toward laughing "with" the former and laughing "at" the latter. lol
Compared to 2011, this doesn't compare. The only reason this is somewhat of a big deal is the rarity of an earthquake on the East Coast. The event itself produced nearly zero damage, no injuries and no deaths.

If he thought it might be a nuclear bomb "for a split second" and then realized it was an earthquake, how is that being a sissy?
heck- my first thought was that my water heater or a gasline was about to blow...maybe just as nuts- what the two dopes are missing- you can't stop what thought may have popped into your head at any given time. Both both of these guys are the one that like to act like they are just tougher then everyone else.

Whole office was shaking.
SIAP -- I don't have the patience to read all 257 posts so far -- the epicenter was apparently near Whitehouse Station, which is on Route 31 between Flemington and I-78. So it's not surprising that people in Bridgewater felt a lot. Here in Cherry Hill, I could feel the shaking. My years in California led me to say to my wife, "that's an earthquake!" The shaking lasted longer than the quake here several years ago.

The Richter scale reading was 4.8. The scale (SIAP) is logarithmic, meaning that this quake was more than 100 times less severe than the 6.9 Loma Prieta quake in San Francisco as the first game of the 1989 world series was about to get underway. That quake knocked out the San Francisco Bay Bridge and caused a freeway to collapse.

Another wounded warrior dramatically scarred by a nothing event. Can imagine if some here actually had to face actual adversity.

heck- my first thought was that my water heater or a gasline was about to blow...maybe just as nuts- what the two dopes are missing- you can't stop what thought may have popped into your head at any given time. Both both of these guys are the one that like to act like they are just tougher then everyone else.
Tougher no… not a drama queen.

dude, you are the biggest asshole on the board who thinks he knows far more than he does. Your insecurity screams for attention. Hell, you get beat on knowledge in the weather threads by the board's landscaper; let that sink in. As for today, anyone who has experience with earthquakes knew exactly what it was and it was nothing more than a rumble. this was small, certainly not anything that any logical or mature man would think is nuke for God's sake.

you are an embarrassment with your posts.
There there. You’ll be okay. You need a hug?

Talk about hysteria. 😂

And could you possibly exhibit more intense envy than you just did in that post? If it helps, remember that it’s not your fault that he’s so much smarter than you. Just genetics. 😉

Why? Wouldn't such a bomb at a certain distance feel a bit like that? You the news talking about the possibility of WW3 breaking out any day now.

Mandolph? Is that a mythical town located in the even more mythical "Central" Jersey???
I think that is where the actor from the TV series Emergency! who played paramedic John Gage is from--his name was Mandolph Rantooth.

iu

I think that is where the actor from the TV series Emergency! who played paramedic John Gage is from--his name was Mandolph Rantooth.

iu
Greatest show ever! I have posted this before, but I still wonder how one nurse and two docs held it down at an LA area trauma center during that show. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Because it doesn’t fit the profile of a nuclear bomb going off. Suggest you read a book or two which will explain this was purely a dumb comparison. This is a poster with a Phd. and that makes it more funny.
I was outside with Bac and we both felt nothing. I hope he didn't email his 2000 followers at Merck saying it was a nuke attack.

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Another secondary quake at 5:59 in Pway. Much less than earlier but shock the house a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT