ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kansas/Bill Self in a heap of trouble

Anyone thinking the NCAA will ever again punish any school the way they did the SMU football program back in the day, is only setting themselves up for bitter disappointment when they don't levy those kinds of sanctions.

IIRC they were ranked No. 60 and No. 81. Far from five-stars. Someone else thinks he meant Memphis and not Nevada.

It used to be Kansas State University. So KSU. They dropped the "State" and the "S" and became KU.

Also seems kinda like a midwest thing for some schools at least. Oklahoma is OU, Colorado is CU, Nebraska is NU.
It was a BIG 8 thing...

Reactions: RUnTeX
Also seems kinda like a midwest thing for some schools at least. Oklahoma is OU, Colorado is CU, Nebraska is NU.

It was a BIG 8 thing...

Definitely a legacy of five of the eight former Big Eight conference schools though not sure the reason/origin. The other one being Missouri, or MU. No idea why they flipped the letters for their abbreviation but it's always seemed kinda dumb to me.

Definitely a legacy of five of the eight former Big Eight conference schools though not sure the reason/origin. The other one being Missouri, or MU. No idea why they flipped the letters for their abbreviation but it's always seemed kinda dumb to me.
Even their helmets showcase this...look at OUs and CUs

T-shirt with a big Adidas logo? Check
Gold chain with a $ in it? Check
Bill Self is gangsta

And yes, I know it's a promo for Late Night In The Phog featuring Snoop but according to the NOA that's when some of the deals between Kansas recruits' families and Adidas reps went down.

Bilas thinks KU will take the NCAA to court and that the case could take a year

Kansas athletic director apologized for having the Snoop Dog show as it turned out. He wanted a "clean" version and had to say he was sorry the way it turned out.

Best of Luck,
Groz
The last time a rapper did a "clean" version of his songs at a show I was involved with was Busta Rhymes at Walt Disney World in the late 90s.

Busta didn't say any explicit lyrics on stage all night BUT the people watching the show rapped along with him and they rapped the explicit lyrics.

I remember the Disney World rep looking at me like she was going to lose her job and I said "Busta is living up to his end of the agreement." Then I laughed at the irony of it all.

Oops. Didn’t mean Rutgers president. Sorry
Oh that’s too bad because Barchi needed to go years ago. Hopefully it is finally happening, though I’ll believe it when he actually goes. They should ring the bells of Old Queens as he finally exits his office. Sound can ring in his ears right the heck out of New Brunswick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT