ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kivlehan press

Beancounter88

All Conference
Dec 22, 2010
From Bleacher Report

OK, Taijuan Walker has been a spring stud with 12 scoreless frames, but the right-hander no longer is prospect eligible, having barely surpassed 50 career big league innings-by a mere three innings!-in his final start last September.
That and the fact that D.J. Peterson is hitting just .172 (5-for-29) shouldn't take too much away from what otherwise has been a promising camp for the Seattle Mariners.
Shortstop prospect Ketel Marte (7-for-23, 3 SB) and third baseman Patrick Kivlehan (6-for-19, 1 HR, 4 RBI) have hit well, and both could make MLB debuts in 2015.

This post was edited on 3/20 5:43 PM by Beancounter88

BR

Originally posted by Beancounter88:
From Bleacher Report

OK, Taijuan Walker has been a spring stud with 12 scoreless frames, but the right-hander no longer is prospect eligible, having barely surpassed 50 career big league innings-by a mere three innings!-in his final start last September.
That and the fact that D.J. Peterson is hitting just .172 (5-for-29) shouldn't take too much away from what otherwise has been a promising camp for the Seattle Mariners.
Shortstop prospect Ketel Marte (7-for-23, 3 SB) and third baseman Patrick Kivlehan (6-for-19, 1 HR, 4 RBI) have hit well, and both could make MLB debuts in 2015.
You should provide a link if you're going to cut/paste content...

#'s....It's a Rookie Error

E1

Hoping Kivelhan makes it to the big show this year / tears it up. Then hoping he gets traded to St. Louis, where baseball is the only religion!

MO
This post was edited on 3/22 1:06 PM by RutgersMO

"You should provide a link if you're going to cut/paste content..."

People mention this copy/paste linking policy fequently. Why? I know when writing papers, thesis,etc, you footnote and/or credit the source, but on an informal sports message board, I politely ask ...Why? Is there a Web law? If so , please link that ! lol. Is it a suggestion? Internet policy? Where did this come from ?

The NY Times ans other sites, prevents others from access and thus copy/pasting , by making their sites a pay site. If a site wants to prevent copying and pasting without authorization or permission or without getting credit, don't they have other mechanisms to do so?

Originally posted by Abro1975:
"You should provide a link if you're going to cut/paste content..."

People mention this copy/paste linking policy fequently. Why? I know when writing papers, thesis,etc, you footnote and/or credit the source, but on an informal sports message board, I politely ask ...Why? Is there a Web law? If so , please link that ! lol. Is it a suggestion? Internet policy? Where did this come from ?

The NY Times ans other sites, prevents others from access and thus copy/pasting , by making their sites a pay site. If a site wants to prevent copying and pasting without authorization or permission or without getting credit, don't they have other mechanisms to do so?
Awhile back ago the Star Ledger threatened to sue this site for not crediting them as the source of information here and for
SN posters using their articles not providing a link to those articles.

that said:
Jesus Montero, Franklin Gutierrez among players leaving Seattle Mariners spring training - Seattle Mariners blog

reassigned to the M's minor league camp : Patrick Kivlehan.http://blog.seattlepi.com/baseball/2015/03/20/jesus-montero-franklin-gutierrez-among-players-leaving-seattle-mariners-spring-training/#31423101=0

Originally posted by MADHAT1: Awhile back ago the Star Ledger threatened to sue this site for not crediting them as the source of information here and for
SN posters using their articles not providing a link to those articles.
Ironic that the same SL "journalists" are loathe to cite this board as their source of information! To be fair- this is a dynamic that scales across local sports beats in the internet age.

The web is definitely disrupting the space- and outfits like the SL have been slow to adapt.

Looking at Seattle's roster and top Minor League prospects I really thought his best chance would be a trade. Sounds like he may make it without having to go somewhere else.

I have worked at the MLB Rookie Dev Program for several years and this year I had the pleasure of meeting
Patrick Kivlehan this past January. Very impressive and confident yet humble young man. He is also
very proud to represent RU. I wish him the best of luck in his future pursuits on and off the baseball diamond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT