ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Legendary NYC Weatherman Frank Field has died at 100

When I was a kid watching "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson (when it was done from New York), I remember when Johnny Carson talked about all the rain that was occurring within the last few weeks and how depressing it was for everyone. Finding out when it would let up, he then introduced his guest "crack meteorologist" Dr. Frank Field. When Frank Field walked out from behind the curtain, he was immediately hit with a thousand buckets of water. I still remember the stunned look on his face.

In the early '80s, I had the chance to ask him about that show and if he knew what was coming. His answer, "Nothing was surprising in television.... all planned!"

RIP Mr. Field, I'm fortunate to have had the the pleasure of your company.

Last edited:
When I was a kid watching "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson (when it was done from New York), I remember when Johnny Carson talked about all the rain that was occurring within the last few weeks and how depressing it was for everyone. Finding out when it would let up, he then introduced his guest "crack meteorologist" Dr. Frank Field. When Frank Field walked out from behind the curtain, he was immediately hit with a thousand buckets of water. I still remember the stunned look on his face.

In the early '80s, I had the chance to ask him about that show and if he knew what was coming. His answer, "Nothing was surprising in television.... all planned!"

RIP Mr. Field, it was a pleasure to have to have had the pleasure of your company.
Once again, you knocked it out of the park, Source!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT