ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's hear where you lived off campus during your RU days

My son lived on Hamilton Avenue, by the grease trucks, for two years. My craziest memory was going to get him one night just after Sandy. Never have I seen a city so dark as that night. Very eerie…

45 Louis st.

Before or after the serial killer Ned Snelgrove? My wife lived there when he lived there and was chopping up co-eds. He was upstairs and my wife and 4 friends downstairs.
I knew Ned Snelgrove, worked with him. Knew him when he was finally arrested working for HP in Paramus (I think). As far as I know, he only killed one girl in Sayreville or somewhere like that. He actually got away with it. A few years later he tried to kill another girl up north but she fought him off and survived. He made the mistake of telling her his name and where he worked. Ended up in that notorious prison south of Newark.

I knew Ned Snelgrove, worked with him. Knew him when he was finally arrested working for HP in Paramus (I think). As far as I know, he only killed one girl in Sayreville or somewhere like that. He actually got away with it. A few years later he tried to kill another girl up north but she fought him off and survived. He made the mistake of telling her his name and where he worked. Ended up in that notorious prison south of Newark.
When he got out he killed again in Rhode Island. Tried again after that and got caught.

• Wow
Reactions: BLewis1968
Our youngest son who graduated last year lived on Plum Street his senior year. His last month there they had a drive-by shooting two doors down.
I sold 2 houses on that street last year. Rumor was someone was dealing drugs out of one on that block.

There's something wrong with this thread.. maybe the forum.. this old thread.. I read thru it... there was one quote of an early post in this thread that I did write.. but the quote has stuff added that is just not me.. saying I lived places I did not... like Birchwood.

Then there's this reply post.. allegedly by me..

I stayed over most of the holidays one year.. had a project to complete... man, the place is like a ghost town.. not surprising our place got targeted to be a crack house for a time.. I'd hope security cameras have prevented such things these days...

This part.. "I stayed over most of the holidays one year.. had a project to complete... man, the place is like a ghost town.." could have been me. But the rest.. "targeted to be a crack house".. no way I said that. (unless I was on crack when I wrote it 😜 )

Weird stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: BLewis1968
Went to Cook with Ned. Something off with him then. Knew the poor girl he killed also.

65 Wyckoff Junior Year, my roommates used to have absurd parties, business frat kids I remember they used to pay a cleaning crew afterwards because those parties were absurd.

158 hamilton senior year.

Both were dumps. The first place I had some bad mold in room for like a month from a leak that caused me to get sick. That guy was the definition of a slumlord. Good times

3 years in the dorms.
38 Sicard in 94-95 (senior year) and 95-96 (wanted to stay in New Brunswick after graduation).
40 Easton in 96-97 (great location, why the rush to leave?).
Birchwood Terrace in 97-98 (the last go-round in NB).

Good 7 year run in New Brunswick. Probably not too many people that hung around as long - maybe @RU848789? But he got a PHd out of it, I believe. I'm not embarrassed, though.

Nice! 38 Sicard alum here. Was the basketball hoop in the drive way still there when you were there. One of my housemates installed it in the summer of 94.
Oh it sure was. We got great use out of it. But I have a bad memory re: it, too @Local Shill That darn railroad tie. One day we were ballin' out there, and after a layup I came down, ankle bent, half on the tie, have off. Fractured my 5th metatarsal, was in a cast for like forever... slow-healing bone. Funny thing is, because the cast eventually got wet & stinky, my buddies in the house started callin' me Ol' Dirty... which is where the handle DirtyRU was born, haha. So that hoop is essentially responsible for my board name. :D

Reactions: Scarlet1984
After freshman year in Frelinghuysen, I lived in a fraternity house on College Ave. I couldn't imagine a better location to live. You could walk to class, bars on Easton, the barn, Brower, the roost. We had some good parties and some noise complaints, but nothing really crazy happened with a great story to tell while I was there.

66 college Ave. Never left the frat house after seeing the shitty condition of so many off campus houses. It was clean, we had a cook and properly stocked pantry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT