ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lots of noise about Urban to MSU

Next!
oscar-besports-cover.jpg

Hardly “noise.” just an article, that is pure opinion, put out by someone on a Michigan State site, that is pure opinion, put out by someone on the Michigan State site where they’re desperate for something - anything - positive to talk about right now.

That dream has been out there for weeks and UM already said no on Big Noon iirc.

Personally, I think he’s done coaching. He’s got tons of money and tv might be enough to scratch the football itch without all the stress.

Leipold, Elko or Campbell are more realistic options.

I don’t see how this could be possible when Irving has already secretly agreed to run our offense next year.

Bluebloods typically dont hire guys with baggage. No need to. The uniform itself does the recruiting. Second-tier schools desperate for visibility and upward mobility make these hires. Leipold waits to see if Harbaugh stays, in which case he goes to MSU. If Harbugh goes, is there a better hire for UM than LL ?

OSU is doing just fine with a guy no one hear heard of before he was hired.

Reactions: satnom
Bluebloods typically dont hire guys with baggage. No need to. The uniform itself does the recruiting. Second-tier schools desperate for visibility and upward mobility make these hires. Leipold waits to see if Harbaugh stays, in which case he goes to MSU. If Harbugh goes, is there a better hire for UM than LL ?

WTF are you talking about? JH had no baggage when Michigan hired him? Meyer hadn’t just coached a mass murderer at Fla before OSU hired him?

Fans want him but I've heard it's not realistic.

The top four names to watch right now include....

From the article above, Clawson is a new one I hadn’t seen before tied to MSU.

Smith, Dickert, Leipold have been out there for awhile as potentials.

WTF are you talking about? JH had no baggage when Michigan hired him? Meyer hadn’t just coached a mass murderer at Fla before OSU hired him?
Hernandez isnt Meyer’s fault. From all accounts he tried to help him. When I say baggage i mean Pitino, Petrino,..like that. Second chances happen at second tier programs at best. Schools already at the top dont need to ....

At OSU, it's just a matter of hiring someone who won't drive the bus into a ditch. Their history and tradition have pretty much guaranteed winning seasons. Though I would point out that Urban had some baggage when he was hired.

Hernandez isnt Meyer’s fault. From all accounts he tried to help him. When I say baggage i mean Pitino, Petrino,..like that. Second chances happen at second tier programs at best. Schools already at the top dont need to ....
you help a player having issues with grades and maybe a girlfriend or something- not look the other way when your star player is still in gangs and suspected (some say, widely known) that he committed murder.

MSU just fired a guy for not controlling his pipe, not sure they would replace him with a guy who is clearly gonna scrounge as soon as he steps foot on campus

Reactions: sct1111 and angmo
MSU just fired a guy for not controlling his pipe, not sure they would replace him with a guy who is clearly gonna scrounge as soon as he steps foot on campus
Good point and how soon people forget Urben's last acts that got him canned. Yeah- perfect guy to take over a program like MSU...

MSU and most anyone in CFB would hire UM in a split second if they could but he's not interested in MSU and probably no one else either. He's likely fine where he is.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
What do we care, we have Greg Schiano until he decides to retire in 23 years at the age of 80.

Michigan State currently has no scruples whatsoever. Perfect fit.

He’s certainly showing Ryan Day a few things and exposing him so far.
and? want to talk about he blew wisconsin? If we lose this game because Gav can't hit more than half his throws do you want to talk about that

stop looking dumb, too much of that on this board

I want a coach that will get us 8 possibly 9 wins a season. those 2-3 wins make a world of difference

and? want to talk about he blew wisconsin? If we lose this game because Gav can't hit more than half his throws do you want to talk about that

stop looking dumb, too much of that on this board

I want a coach that will get us 8 possibly 9 wins a season. those 2-3 wins make a world of difference
Gavin is in partially for his running ability. If Rutgers had OSU’s WR’s then Simon would be awesome IMO.
No current coach in the BIG would be a better fit for Rutgers than Schiano. A guy like Franklin is nothing but a salesman and good recruiter but that’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT