ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Massive emergency alert test will sound alarms on US cellphones, TVs and radios / October 4 at 2:20 p.m.

Guess the nano phobe toxins take awhile to notice the symptoms :)

Not me. I've had a spoon magnetically stuck to my arm for 5 hours now.
swing out dance GIF

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Nothing?

Never happened on my Apple iPhone SE with Verizon.

I heard everyone with t mobile got it a couple minutes late . Because t-mobile sucks
Not joking.
I have T-Mobile and got it early (2:16-2:18 PM ET). To be honest mobile service from all carriers can be good/bad - all depends on where you live/work. For example I used to have a Verizon work phone (worked in Jersey City). Service sucked there and in the building. My personal with T-Mobile much better with better in building penetration. Same for another office we had in Edison. Overseas my T-Mobile phone much better. Sure there are areas around the country where it has been the opposite, but as long as a service works where you live, you should be fine (and it's a nice benefit to pay much less for the same service).

Reactions: Plum Street
Reactions: Kbee3
So some of the very same people who made snarky comments about the test of the emergency notification system before it was conducted want to mock it afterwards because it exposed some gaps. A better man than me would explain why tests of complex critical message systems are performed.

Okay…

So it turns out my FDNY issued “bat phone” did get it but my personal one did not.
I didn't get an alert on my phone, but got an email - which I found a little odd. I have, in the past, received a bunch of those alerts on my phone.

I think it's good that they're testing it. Not the kind of thing you want to wait until you need it to be working to find it it's not (working).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT