ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minnesota Football Debuted New Black And White Unis But Most Fans Aren’t Feeling Them

Opinions on these things can usually be divided purely among generations…..and we all know how boomers feel.

I know he is from the Schiano coaching tree - but is it me or does anyone else find P.J. Fleck to be really annoying???
nah, he's just a high energy, over-enthusiastic, overly positive guy. it's his thing, his schtick. Players respond to it, donors respond to it. it's helped him climb the ladder even if us old folks find it annoying

The reason people like black unis is because in an aggressive/physical sport like football, people want to be/look/feel tough and intimidating. Black is generally associated with badassery/evil. They go hand in hand.

I understand your point but I still think it's rather silly. Real badasses and tough guys don't need to cover themselves in black to feel tough. They just are.

Also to your point why do we need black alternate unis in baseball and basketball then? Same reason?

Last edited:
For me one of the beauties of college football growing up was that when you put on a game between top 20 teams you could almost instantly tell by the unis who was playing. I'm pretty clearly on record that I think alt unis are stupid.

I have a bigger problem with the use of the word “fits” in that tweet (via an official school account)…like a desperate attempt to sound cool through incorrect or made up language. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't blame the players... Maroon is an ugly color that looks like dried blood. Their yelow-gold is too loud when there's a lot of it. They clearly welcomed some kind of change.

Another example of "F" tradition. Why are black uniforms considered "cool"? i never understood sports teams fascination with black uniforms. It seems like it's almost mandatory now that everyone has an alternate black uni.
It's like the teal & purple uniform fad of the early 90's.

The reason people like black unis is because in an aggressive/physical sport like football, people want to be/look/feel tough and intimidating. Black is generally associated with badassery/evil. They go hand in hand.

I recall the USSR often had black uniforms for Olympics
They were like the Klingons of sports

I like them and I like having alternate uniforms. Kids like it and it’s good for merchandise sales

I understand your point but I still think it's rather silly. Real badasses and tough guys don't need to cover themselves in black to feel tough. They just are.

Also to your point why do we need black alternate unis in baseball and basketball then? Same reason?
It's just associated with being cool and sleek...

Case in point check out photos of a blacked out (especially matte) Cadillac and then compare that to the pink ones all the makeup ladies drives. Lol

Fleck is high energy etc but his schtick gets old and glad its not here. GS started much of what he does, but keeps it largely in moderation and mostly doesnt wear it thin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT